600 HD DVD Club - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-29-2009, 09:12 PM

Default 600 HD DVD Club

I have now officially passed this mark with the discs that arrived today.

I'm at 626 hhhhdvd titles at the moment with 9 more incoming.
If you count Pan's Labyrinth which is my only duplicate make it 605.
I do have 2 titles that I need to replace as the ones that I received are too scratched.

Unfortunitly, my purchases are going to slow greatly now, as I'm on a budget with a newborn on the way in July and I'm basically down to needing only the high $ titles which are mostly imports.

I'm thinking this is a very elite club, as I only know of 2 other members with more, those being Tormond and Bruceames.

Last edited by bubba9004; 05-21-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:14 PM

Take it you have more than 25 Warner titles, won't be able to do the Red-to-blu program now!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:15 PM

I have that much across both formats, if HD DVD hadnt thrown in the towel I probably would have had that many .
Old 04-29-2009, 09:19 PM

I wonder what's the highest you could get with solely domestic titles... Tormond probably knows and has already done it. I know altogether it's somewhere in the 800/900-range if I recall correctly...
Old 04-29-2009, 09:32 PM

With solely domestic titles you can only get to maybe 550 and that is if you count the DVD-R HDNet titles. Worldwide if you have every demo disc (that I know of), Every duplicate that is different in some way (different cut/different audio/different encode etc) You can only get to around 850 worldwide (maybe a few more but I can't verify which HDnet itiles actually exist and which ones were up on Amazon but never actually created) and there are certainly a few extra "weird" ones that "seem" to exist but I have no actual knowledge of anyone owning them. I think I am somewhere in the neighborhood of about 820 titles including duplicates (not including the duplicates I have that are actual duplicates) I can pick up every domestic I am missing right now off Amazon without trying I just am spending my cash getting the Japanese discs and the remainder of the Euro discs that I needed (down to only 3 from Europe now).. The Japanese discs are honestly the hardest to get at this point simply because of price
Old 04-29-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winklepr View Post
I wonder what's the highest you could get with solely domestic titles... Tormond probably knows and has already done it. I know altogether it's somewhere in the 800/900-range if I recall correctly...
I believe its 474 domestic not including adult titles.
Bruceames started a very thorough thread here in the import section with a list of all the titles.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 PM

Congrats, bubba. Hopefully you can keep going on your collection until you have what you want. It seems like there's no hurry and you can go slow or pick up later when you have more funds to allocate. Right now I'm saving to buy a townhouse, but fortunately I've only got about 15-20 more to go (including duplicates). I have 762 unique titles (plus 38 duplicates with unique encodes/cuts and a few demos). I've got 3 more coming, so I'll have 765 when they arrive. Most of what I lack (16, by my count) are either too expensive (Russian) or simply unavailable (a few adult and Japanese titles and that damn Zombie Farm. Wanna sell it? lol).

Last edited by bruceames; 04-29-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:10 PM

Congrats Bubba..................600 is a pipedream to me, as I only want about 30 more hhhhdvd's. My hhhhdvd collection is merely in the 320's and most people that come to my house and see my hhhhdvd and bbblu collection are amazed. Some even think i'm nuts! lol
Old 04-29-2009, 11:42 PM

Congratulations on the 600 club membership

I got close to 400 club but I'm not actively looking for any known releases for myself anymore. I would buy the Japanese Project Papo HD DVD if I ever saw it somewhere 2nd hand as it's probably pretty rare but that's about it. I have quite limited storage space for discs anyway so I can't try to stock up too much. I'm now mainly buying BDs and quite selectively, just the movies that I'm most interested in. I also record a lot of movies from a Japanese HDTV movie channel so I'm never short on content to watch. If I counted the HD DVD-R's I'd be in the 600 club too
Old 04-30-2009, 02:03 AM

Congratulations on 600. Very impressive.

Unfortunately my HD DVD accumulation has slowed to a standstill. There are still more titles that I want, especially with some of prices we've seen lately, but I've spent 9 of the past 12 months unemployed so funds are pretty much non-existent.

Hopefully cheap HD DVD titles will still be floating around next year.