Planet Earth - double dip coming? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-02-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Planet Earth - double dip coming?

I'm really disappointed that the hd dvd and blu-ray versions of Planet Earth do not have the special features present on the regular DVD set. Do you think a better offering will come out in the future? I would never get this set on standard dvd, but I also want the behind the scenes footage. I really want to own the HD set, but the lack of extra material is disheartening. Is a double dip coming?
Old 05-03-2007, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitals View Post
I'm really disappointed that the hd dvd and blu-ray versions of Planet Earth do not have the special features present on the regular DVD set. Do you think a better offering will come out in the future? I would never get this set on standard dvd, but I also want the behind the scenes footage. I really want to own the HD set, but the lack of extra material is disheartening. Is a double dip coming?
Are you serious???
Old 05-03-2007, 12:21 AM

When thinking about my HD DVD set of "Planet Earth" the word "disappointed" or anything even close to that adjective is the LAST word that comes to mind.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:22 AM

I seriously doubt there will be double dipping any time soon on this title, but eventually anything could happen.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaly View Post
When thinking about my HD DVD set of "Planet Earth" the word "disappointed" or anything even close to that adjective is the LAST word that comes to mind.

Thats great to hear! I havn't received mine yet. But I could care less about the extras on a documentary.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Special Member

I am with everyone else while it is ALWAYS possible, I HIGHLY doubt it actually will happen.......I for one will not miss the extras even though they were interesting the main show is what its all about.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:37 AM

Yes, I'm very serious. I'm in film school and care very much about the process, almost as much as the product. For those of you NOT aware of what the HD/Blu-ray version are missing:

# 110 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage (included on standard-definition DVD release only)
# Planet Earth: The Future: 150-minute companion series (included on standard-definition DVD release only)

Thats over 4 hours of extra content on the standard DVD. We are not talking about a couple minutes of bloopers.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:40 AM

For those of you that have the HD DVDs, is the behind the scenes episodic content at least there? On the Discovery HD broadcast, there is about 40 minutes of episode, and the last 20 minutes are behind the scenes. The last 20 minutes is always my favorite part. I realize the Discovery broadcast is cut down from the BBC original (what is on the DVDs), so I'm a little confused as to what exactly you're getting.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:08 AM

Talking

well i just got mine on hd dvd today and i watched the first disc. each episode is 50 minutes long and there is no extra 20 minutes behind the scenes, but the show is so astonishing the way it is, there might be bonus on the last disc since it has 2 episodes instead of 3, but i can check quick.......hold on................................................ .................................................. ......
looks like no special features that i could fine, but i am more than pleased with this
Old 05-03-2007, 01:10 AM

I doubt we will see a second release on the next-gens, at least for a long while.