Tarantino/Rodriguez Movies? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-01-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Tarantino/Rodriguez Movies?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum just viewing this site for the first time looks great .

I bought the 360 HD addon and have had nothing but a blast with it so far. Tarantino and Roedriguez happen to be my favourite directors and I was sad when I found Resivor Dogs was released on Blu Ray...does anyone know the disturbution rights for Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Sin City, etc etc....I know nothing has been announced but whou would get it?
Old 05-01-2007, 03:14 PM

I know for sure that Disney owns the rights to all of those movies you wrote down, so they'll be coming out on Blu-ray only. Sorry.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:19 PM

Sin City 2 is Weinstein, so that would be HD DVD only. Grindhouse (both Tarantino and Rodriguez) is also Weinstein, so again HD DVD only.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral101 View Post
I know for sure that Disney owns the rights to all of those movies you wrote down, so they'll be coming out on Blu-ray only. Sorry.
The theatrical cuts belong to Buena Vista (Disney), but the Tarantino "directors cut" of the Kill Bill Collection is through Weinstein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Sin City 2 is Weinstein, so that would be HD DVD only. Grindhouse (both Tarantino and Rodriguez) is also Weinstein, so again HD DVD only.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
The theatrical cuts belong to Buena Vista (Disney), but the Tarantino "directors cut" of the Kill Bill Collection is through Weinstein.
Where did you hear that? Do you have links to your source?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggytx View Post
Hey, that's cool - and that is news to me... I would rather get the Director's Cut in any case.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:25 PM

As for Tarantino-movies, I think the distribution rights go something like this:

Reservoir Dogs:
- USA (Buena Vista)
- UK (Momentum)

Pulp Fiction:
- Worldwide (Buena Vista)

Four Rooms:

Jackie Brown:

Kill Bill:
- Theatrical versions worldwide (Buena Vista)
- Upcoming Extended Edition worldwide (Weinstein)

Grindhouse:
- Worldwide (Weinstein)

As for Rodriguez, I'm not sure but I think everything else is Buena Vista and BD except for the upcoming Sin City 2 which is Weinstein and HD DVD exclusive.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral101 View Post
Where did you hear that? Do you have links to your source?

Thanks in advance.
The post above this states the same. Google it, and search this forum, I don't have a link handy.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Hey, that's cool - and that is news to me... I would rather get the Director's Cut in any case.
I'll probably go with both.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:36 PM

I think I'll wait and see how the director's cut turns out... Whilst 'Kill Bill 1' was great, Part 2 was a bit of a dog in my opinion.

If he cuts out all the padding in the second movie (and there is a lot of it) then it may be worth picking up, I'll just hold off until I know what's in and out... Isn't there supposed to be a theatrical run of 'The Whole Bloody Affair' anyhow...

Then again, God knows whenever we'll get to see it as Tarantino never seems to stick to one thing long enough to get anything actually done, as evidenced by his catalogue of announced/abandoned movies.