Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    jed
    jed is offline HDD Founder

Thumbs up 'Eternal Sunshine' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Kenneth's review of 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.' He's a big fan of the film itself, and says this HD DVD is quite a strong package, boasting solid video and audio plus all of the extras from the two previous standard-def releases.

Full review here:
    http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/etern...tlessmind.html

TheRescue is offline Member

Spot on review. I absolutely love this film and the transfer is excellent.
    TV: Samsung LNS4092D
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V463
    Speakers: Klipsch Quintet SL Series
    Subwoofer: Klipsch Sub-12
    Player: PS3
    : 200
    : TheRescue

Blurry is offline The Ur-moderator

Looking forward to receiving this one.
    Home Theatre room: Pioneer VSX-59Txi Elite Receiver, DV-59Avi Elite DVD Player, Toshiba A1, PS3 60Gb, Mits. 73" 1080p DLP HDTV, Dahlquist DQ-30 Front speakers, Regnar Center speaker, Dalhquist DQ-10 Rear speakers, Definitive BPX rear surrounds
    Family room: Pioneer VSX-55Txi Elite Receiver, DV-47Ai Elite DVD Player, XBox 360/add-on, Magnavox 42" Plasma, 5 KLM Surround Speakers
    HD DVD: 205 - Blu-ray: 72

Jared is offline Member

Hell yeah!
    Toshiba HD-A35
    HD DVD drive
    BD player
    discs owned: 63
    discs owned: ?
    standard DVDs owned: ?

Awsome Review that I agree with 100%. This is easily one of my top 5 movies of all time. Every aspect of this film is just stunning and the HD DVD is drop dead gorgeous!! Jim Carrey & Kate Winsets finest perfomances are a must buy on HD imo.
    Home Theatre Gear
    Pioneer Pro FHD-1 50" Plasma
    Pioneer S-1EX(4), S-7EX, S-W1EX - Speakers
    ADA Cinema Reference Mach III Controller
    ADA HTR-2400 Reciever
    ADA HD-Pro Dual HD Radio Monitor
    ADA MPA-502 Power Amp
    ADA iBase iPod Docking System
    Meridian 596 DVD Player (1986 SD Titles Owned)
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (382 Titles Owned)
    Boltz A/V Furniture Only!!

zallapo is offline Member

Great PQ and Sound, thank god!!!

I quickly cancelled my disc of 'The Game', was praying that Eternal Sunshine would be close to reference quality, one of my fav films.
    Last edited by zallapo; 04-29-2007 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zallapo View Post
    Great PQ and Sound, thank god!!!

I quickly cancelled my disc of 'The Game', was praying that Eternal Sunshine would be close to reference quality, one of my fav films.
    Have to disagree with you on the game. Im may not be as awsome looking PQ wise as this release but its still 20 times better than the SD DVD release and its one of my favorite movies as well. For me both The Game and This were no brainers but to each his own. I honestly dont understand why some people think The Game looks so bad, I think it looks great.
    Home Theatre Gear
    Pioneer Pro FHD-1 50" Plasma
    Pioneer S-1EX(4), S-7EX, S-W1EX - Speakers
    ADA Cinema Reference Mach III Controller
    ADA HTR-2400 Reciever
    ADA HD-Pro Dual HD Radio Monitor
    ADA MPA-502 Power Amp
    ADA iBase iPod Docking System
    Meridian 596 DVD Player (1986 SD Titles Owned)
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (382 Titles Owned)
    Boltz A/V Furniture Only!!

Blurry is offline The Ur-moderator

I agree with HTF concerning "The Game", if you like this movie, the Universal release is probably as good as it is going to get.
    Home Theatre room: Pioneer VSX-59Txi Elite Receiver, DV-59Avi Elite DVD Player, Toshiba A1, PS3 60Gb, Mits. 73" 1080p DLP HDTV, Dahlquist DQ-30 Front speakers, Regnar Center speaker, Dalhquist DQ-10 Rear speakers, Definitive BPX rear surrounds
    Family room: Pioneer VSX-55Txi Elite Receiver, DV-47Ai Elite DVD Player, XBox 360/add-on, Magnavox 42" Plasma, 5 KLM Surround Speakers
    HD DVD: 205 - Blu-ray: 72

Ken Brown is offline Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
    I agree with HTF concerning "The Game", if you like this movie, the Universal release is probably as good as it is going to get.
    Sorry to disagree with you guys on this one -- but Universal has been working on a special edition of 'The Game' for quite some time. One of the big perks is that they're remastering the original print which means we will see a giant improvement, hopefully in the near future...

At least as long as they're still willing to dump the money into the release. As far as I know, Fincher already recorded a commentary for it, documentaries were compiled, and more. I haven't heard much about it this year, but the news had some momentum last year.

Keep hope alive.

half-sane is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by HomeTheatreFreak View Post
    Awsome Review that I agree with 100%. This is easily one of my top 5 movies of all time. Every aspect of this film is just stunning and the HD DVD is drop dead gorgeous!! Jim Carrey & Kate Winsets finest perfomances are a must buy on HD imo.

after reading all the buzz i just purchases this , ive never seen it ... heres to it paying off for me !

Spideybat is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by half-sane View Post
    after reading all the buzz i just purchases this , ive never seen it ... heres to it paying off for me !
    Hope you love it as much as we all did.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
    My HD list.

Quote Originally Posted by half-sane View Post
    I just did the same thing and boy am I glad I did. I absolutely loved the film. Great writing, acting, directing. I love films that go against the grain to tell stories and this film does just that. And to top it all off, the HD DVD is excellent all around. I'm going to watch it again tomorrow night its that good!

StarkyLuv is offline Member

This is one of those HD DVD exclusives that if I were a blu-ray fanboy that would never purchase a HD DVD player, I would be extremely jealous of.

It's on of my favorite movies of all time. And I've seen hundreds and hundreds of movies.

It is actually MOVING. It's a movie that is actually trying to say something and makes you feel. Kate Winslet's performance is one of the best of any actor in the past decade.

zallapo is offline Member

Well, finally got my copy today, and the old 'Children of Men' FREEZE is at it again.

My copy locks up on my Toshiba HD-E1 in the first 15 sec (at the same exact spot even after reseting and firmware is updated). I can simply fast forward it and it advances, but it's a little annoying that Universal STILL can't get it 100% right. Oh well, back to watching the rest of the film. Fingers crossed no more glitches.

Anyone else had this same problem???
    HD DVD: 70 - Blu-ray: 40

Mu Zeta is offline Member

The music in this film is incredible. Jon Brion is simply a genius. I liked it so much I actually bought the soundtrack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast