'Feast' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-16-2007, 03:17 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'Feast' - High-Def Digest Review

Kenneth's review of 'Feast' is up. He says this one's not for all audiences, but if you're a horror fan -- or if you watched the third season of "Project Greenlight" (which followed the writers and director as they worked on the film) -- it's definitely worth a look.

As an HD DVD release, this one is surprisingly strong, boasting great video transfer and an equally hearty audio package. The only downside is relatively slim supplements package, but if everything else here sounds good, don't let that stop you.

Full review here:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/feast.html
Old 04-16-2007, 05:23 AM

Hello from France,

I'd love to purchase this movie which is available here in France but i'd also like to check if there are really french subtitles in this release.
It is mentionned here on this very site on the film's review that they're available but on the back of the HD DVD I can see only spanish subtitles instead of french.
Would someone be kind enough to clarify this ?
Thanks in advance for the info and sorry for the mistakes in English :-)
Old 04-16-2007, 06:15 AM

I watched the film on Saturday night before reading the review this morning. As someone not at all familar with Project Greentlight - being a dirty foreigner and all that - I would say that I agree with the rest of the review content.

The video quality was a little variable, but I think that was more down to poor focusing by the hand on the camera and not the transfer itself. There are clear groups of shots where the primary actor in a scene is simple soft and slightly out of focus, while in close-ups you can see all the pores under the makeup... but hey.

Generally a good way to waste 90 minutes if you like you films messy.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:21 AM

I love horror so this was a blind buy. I'm glad to see it got a good review.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauron1968 View Post
I'd love to purchase this movie which is available here in France but i'd also like to check if there are really french subtitles in this release. Would someone be kind enough to clarify this?
Sorry for the mistake - it has been corrected. 'Feast' only has English and Spanish subtitles.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Feast

Hello,

Thanks for the reply Ken and for the information. That's very nice of you
Old 04-29-2007, 02:44 PM

Watched this movie last night. It was quite over the top with the violence, very cliche, but nonetheless pretty entertaining. I thought they did a pretty good job with this movie.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:48 PM

I'm waiting for my copy to arrive soon. It's been out of stock. Can't wait to see it. Also Krista Allen is not hard to look at.

Last edited by Spideybat; 04-29-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
I'm waiting for my copy to arrive soon. It's been out of stock. Can't wait to see it. Also Krista Allen is not hard to look at.
not at all, shes hot in this flick!
Old 04-29-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-sane View Post
not at all, shes hot in this flick!
Quite a ways from the Emanuelle In Space series.