Observation at Frys this week in Dallas. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-13-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Observation at Frys this week in Dallas.

I walked into my local Frys the other day and was disappointed to see that the A2 was missing from its display at the back of the store.

Gathered up my items and was on my way to the check out and there in the front of the store was the A2 playing the Eagles HD DVD. This was the only display and it was on a 50" plasma. There was a desent crowd gathered around. It looked really great so I went ahead and popped mine in when I got home-because I had not had a chance to watch it yet. This is truly a great HD release if you don't like it and you are not John Lebowski go ahead and pick it up.

I had noticed last week they had almost 3 boxes of the HD DVD in the BD/HD section. I thought that it had to be an ordering mistake because that is the most of any title (even CR) I had seen for either format at Frys. I guess HD DVD camp is pushing at Frys now as well. BTW I have never seen a Blu-Ray displayed at the Front of the store.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:54 AM

BLU RAY had a big surge during the first quater this year. Now that has settled down and there seems to be a level playing field. Electronic stores are not giving either format priority over the other. But I have noticed HD DVD getting a bigger push that during the holidays. With the announcement of the Samsung Combo player it is evident that "the war" is far from over and just may not be for a while. All the 'gloom and doom' surrounding HD DVD recently should be put to rest. HD DVD is very healthy.