We Were Soldiers HD DVD PQ - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-07-2007, 04:58 PM

Cool We Were Soldiers HD DVD PQ

I just watched We Were Soldiers and must say that I was extremely dissapointed in the PQ... until they actually get to Vietnam! Boom! Everything improves, sharpness, less noise, colours etc etc

I have never seen such a dramatic shift in PQ before. To me the beginning of the film didn't look much better than the sd dvd upconverted.

Anyone else share this view or am I just "seeing things" ?
Old 04-07-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cider X View Post
I just watched We Were Soldiers and must say that I was extremely dissapointed in the PQ... until they actually get to Vietnam! Boom! Everything improves, sharpness, less noise, colours etc etc

I have never seen such a dramatic shift in PQ before. To me the beginning of the film didn't look much better than the sd dvd upconverted.

Anyone else share this view or am I just "seeing things" ?
There are a number of movies which have been filmed unevenly, perhaps on purpose.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:10 PM

I could tell a difference right away looking how much the green stood out on their helmets. I thought the movie looked good. I am unimpressed with Troy and The Italian Job out of the movies I own/rented so far.