Download Uncommon Bach sample - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-07-2008, 12:49 PM

Default Download Uncommon Bach sample

I thought this post should make it's own thread because I was afraid many would miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Jero View Post
Glad to join the forum.
I am a big fan of High-Def Digest and much appreciated Kenneth for giving attention to my first HD DVD recording no meter that.

Unfortunately we never had a chance to communicate however we regularly exchange e-mails with Jed and Peter Bracke about our upcoming releases and projects.

Yes, Uncommon Bach is an experimental project. This is a presentation of a conceptual work that encompasses several years of research in music, sound and technology. The goal was to develop a new view on how music can be presented in Surround Sound. In producing these classic masterpieces, I have taken approach to showcasing music orchestration with the position of each instrument or group of instruments around the listener. Original orchestral partitures were transcribed in a virtual domain using midi, sampled instruments and synthesis to achieve real separation of the instruments, and also to balance them together in the surround mix. This creates the perception that each individual sound has its unique location in 3-Dimensional Space. Looking to the future of sound and music technology, there is a need for new development to showcase new artist and producers in a revolutionary way. I believe that this new experience will be an exciting and entertaining journey in music and sound.

That why if moderator permits me I would like to give an opportunity to members of highdefdigest forum to download and experience thirst track of Uncommon Bach album:
BWV208, Was mir behagt, ist nur die muntre Jagd! (birthday of Duke Christian of Saxe-Weissenfels), Aria: "Schafe können sicher weiden" (Sheep May Safely Graze)
In 5.1 DTS Surround Sound; this is not a DTS-HD MA quality but good enough to get an idea.

This is the link > http://www.surroundmagic.com/newitems/BWV208.rar
And instructions of how to create DTS CD to play it back on your HD DVD player and your home theater:
1. Download zip file.
2. Unzip DTS Wav file
3. Burn an Audio CD. (not a Data CD)
4. Play your new DTS Music CD with your HD DVD player.

Love you all,
Alexander.