Dragon's Lair Gets HD-DVD Date - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-06-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Dragon's Lair Gets HD-DVD Date

"Dragon's Lair" has been set for a 9/18 release date on HD-DVD. Of course Digital Leisure has set a 4/10 release date for the Blu-Ray version, although no shipments have arrived to retailers yet of Dragon's Lair, so a delay should be expected. The SRP for both versions is $39.99.

For specific information on both releases checkout the HD-DVDWorld.Com thread on this forum in the HD-DVD Bargain section.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:06 PM

That's ridiculously late. It amazes me how much HD DVD is being given the shaft here. I doubt HD DVD is that much harder to work with.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
That's ridiculously late. It amazes me how much HD DVD is being given the shaft here. I doubt HD DVD is that much harder to work with.
With it being all but obvious that Digital Leisure is not getting the Blu-Ray out on time my guess is that in the end both versions will release on 9/18.

Digital Leisure is one of the biggest culprits of annoucing a release date and then missing it.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:29 AM

From what I remember about this game in the arcade you have to have good timeing. My A-1 responds so slow that I doubt that this game could be played on it. My A-2 is much more responsive but I still don't know if it would work. My PS3 is the most responsive perhaps it could work on it.

I predict here and now that this will become a big deal and major complaint.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_75 View Post
From what I remember about this game in the arcade you have to have good timeing. My A-1 responds so slow that I doubt that this game could be played on it. My A-2 is much more responsive but I still don't know if it would work. My PS3 is the most responsive perhaps it could work on it.

I predict here and now that this will become a big deal and major complaint.

The 360 is very responsive.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:22 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMinded View Post
With it being all but obvious that Digital Leisure is not getting the Blu-Ray out on time my guess is that in the end both versions will release on 9/18.

Digital Leisure is one of the biggest culprits of annoucing a release date and then missing it.
I found a review of Dragon's Lair BD. Looks like it wont be delayed...
Old 04-07-2007, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrENGLISH View Post
It's nice to know Digital Leisure got the title to reviewers ahead of time. I guess retailers will start seeing their shipments arrive Monday or Tuesday then. It will be interesting to see if the title presents problems for Blu-Ray players since it uses BD-Java to such an extent the same way HD-DVD players have had issues with Children Of Men & The Good Shepherd recently. I'm personally waiting for the HD-DVD release myself before checking out Dragon's Lair in HD.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrENGLISH View Post
I wished they would have reviewed this on something other than a gaming system. I'm curious as well as how the response time on a standalone will be as well as it handling BD-J. This game came out on the original Xbox (1080i), so, I wonder if this will bring a new experience or not.

I guess we will find out soon.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I wished they would have reviewed this on something other than a gaming system. I'm curious as well as how the response time on a standalone will be as well as it handling BD-J. This game came out on the original Xbox (1080i), so, I wonder if this will bring a new experience or not.

I guess we will find out soon.
A non-system review also would have been useful to see how a standalone Blu-Ray machine works with the BD-Java features.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:54 PM

I hate to sound so cynical but this title is really not a big deal at all, on either format. It's been released on so many platforms I honestly can't count that high...it's like a gaggleillion or something. If BD fans want to hold this game up as an HD DVD killer, then let them waste their energy on that mess.