A Scanner Darkly - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-05-2007, 07:57 AM

Default A Scanner Darkly

Man, the PQ is quite good on this title. I assume it's a direct digital transfer, much like the animated movie like Happy Feet. The way the picture moves constantly almost makes me sea-sick though
Old 04-05-2007, 08:28 AM

btw, I like that movie.
I'd recommend it for all of ya
Old 04-05-2007, 11:59 AM

i've never seen it and the plot doesnt look to interesting. just a bunch of guys doing drugs and being aware of each other's personalities.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
i've never seen it and the plot doesnt look to interesting. just a bunch of guys doing drugs and being aware of each other's personalities.
I can't think of a movie about a bunch of guys doing drugs that I didn't love
Old 04-05-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
Not quite what the plot is about. It goes a lot "deeper" than that, it's a very interesting and good movie.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:17 PM

This movie is one of the biggest mind-f#^$'s since "The Matrix". Very very interesting with some GREAT twists in the end. The whole scene about the gears on a bicycle was classic!

Oh, and I've never done any drugs, but if I wanna know what it feels like to be high, all I've gotta do is watch this movie, lol. Very very trippy!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggytx View Post
Not quite what the plot is about. It goes a lot "deeper" than that, it's a very interesting and good movie.
That was coming from the same poster that thought Children of Men was about "men giving birth to children." For the record, I'm with you on this one. I know I'm getting A Scanner Darkly, I've just yet to decide on which format.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:28 AM

Another Phillip K. Dick classic which was adapted very nicely by Linklater. It's what true science fiction is all about.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 04-06-2007, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
That was coming from the same poster that thought Children of Men was about "men giving birth to children."
I missed that one! LOL! Must be from the type of person that makes dumb comments like that but objects really strongly when in Dogma they refer to God as a 'she'. Still laughing. Ah, it's good to wake up sometimes.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
That was coming from the same poster that thought Children of Men was about "men giving birth to children." For the record, I'm with you on this one. I know I'm getting A Scanner Darkly, I've just yet to decide on which format.
i asked that question and made that i guess now infamous post because i wanted to get peoples attention and t the time, i hadnt known anything about children of men at all, of course after that post i got a lot of information and saw the trailer and stuff but i still havent bought it yet cuz i dont feel like paying 35 dollars for it at CC and it says ships 5-10 weeks at amazon. this movie had no information about it at wikipedia in the parts where i want it. i dont want to read the plot outlines in wikipedia because i dont want to spoil the movie for myself but i'm on the fence now about getting it i guss. i have alot more purchases i have to make though from now till july so idk i think i'm gonna skip this one for now.