Black Hawk Down on HD-DVD?? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-01-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Black Hawk Down on HD-DVD??

I was just wondering because I just saw that Universal has the distribution rights for it in Germany so ... you never know.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:01 PM

Well, this one I would get, even though I bought the Blu-ray version. The BD version got good reviews but it looks to me like a lot of the "grain" is partially digital artifacts and it would be worth it to me to get a VC-1 copy in this case.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:30 PM

Universal also has a lot of BD exclusive movies in Finland ... like Underworld: Evolution, The Covenant, Gridiron Gang and Ultraviolet
Old 04-01-2007, 04:43 PM

I have the Superbit disc and with the upconversion, it looks awesome. The DTS sound is wonderful.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
I have the Superbit disc and with the upconversion, it looks awesome. The DTS sound is wonderful.
Thanks! I didn't realize there was a Superbit version. I'll have to check and see if I can pick up a copy on Amazon.

Supberbit upconverted is definitely the way to go for Sony titles if don't want Blu-ray. My Superbit copy of The 5th Element looks better to me than the BD demo I saw at BB early on in the BD launch. And it definitely looks & sounds much better the the broadcast on TNT HD some time back.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
Thanks! I didn't realize there was a Superbit version. I'll have to check and see if I can pick up a copy on Amazon.

Supberbit upconverted is definitely the way to go for Sony titles if don't want Blu-ray. My Superbit copy of The 5th Element looks better to me than the BD demo I saw at BB early on in the BD launch. And it definitely looks & sounds much better the the broadcast on TNT HD some time back.
Sometimes BB has Superbits left on there shelves for $9.99. Good luck and glad I helped.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
Sometimes BB has Superbits left on there shelves for $9.99. Good luck and glad I helped.
I can confirm this as well since I pretty much bought every Superbit made at BB for $9.99.

Interesting that the Superbit version of Fifth Element doesn't look all that great upconverted though.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I can confirm this as well since I pretty much bought every Superbit made at BB for $9.99.

Interesting that the Superbit version of Fifth Element doesn't look all that great upconverted though.
Guess I'll have to hold my nose & venture into BB.

Superbit Fifth Element is probably not the best Superbit, but better than any other version I've seen.

I'd say Starship Troopers is one of the best.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
Guess I'll have to hold my nose & venture into BB.

Superbit Fifth Element is probably not the best Superbit, but better than any other version I've seen.

I'd say Starship Troopers is one of the best.
Honestly, too this day I'm still disappointed with the Superbit version of ST, I thought the sound, the DTS track really lacked. I even thought it was my player for awhile. Love the movie though, just wish it sounded better. Then again, I haven't tried it on my A1 yet. I thought Desperado, Zoro and Dracula looked pretty damn good though.

Funny comment about BB though
Old 04-01-2007, 05:57 PM

I'd love this movie in Hi-Def. That said, I'm in agreement that the upconverted Superbit looks damn fine too. I picked up the Korean 3-dic version (3rd disc was the soundtrack CD).