360 Add-On Issue - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-30-2007, 12:03 AM

Default 360 Add-On Issue

Has anyone else had the problem where when you play an HD DVD, finish or stop the movie and then place a game in the the XBOX DVD tray, then the game doesn't play. The screen says that the game needs to be put in an xbox to play over a white background.

Also in the dashboard the to trays icons at the bottom of the screen say either DVD or HD DVD instead of GAME or HD DVD.

I think this is a compatiblity issue that I hope will be fixed with the update since it works most often if I reset the XBOX or eject the tray. I'll see soon enough, though hoping so because otherwise it means that the drives going out.

Curous as to if others have encoutered similar trouble.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Special Member

This really should go in the Video Game Section......

but to answer you I have had no issues doing what you explained. Also, the dashboard will always show on the right HD DVD and DVD. The only time it says play game is when a game is inserted.

Last edited by Ph8; 03-30-2007 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:30 AM

Mine says DVD when a game is in the game tray (though not always). When nothing is in the drive it will say open tray.

Seems like a software glitch to me.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:32 AM

I have not had this problem, but then again I don't often immediately play a game after watching a movie on it.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:10 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentury111 View Post
Mine says DVD when a game is in the game tray (though not always). When nothing is in the drive it will say open tray.

Seems like a software glitch to me.
where does it say DVD?? if you are talking about the translucent sign on the right it will always say DVD for the top half and HD DVD for the bottom Half.....If you can take a picture of what you mean it would help, but it seems normal to me.

But I would recommend always going to the dashboard when switching sources. I think I know the white background you are talking about and what you want to do is make sure you are exited to the dashboard 1st then insert the game and it should load fine.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:11 AM

Never had the issue, or heard of it until now. Strange...
Old 03-30-2007, 02:03 PM

I usually go to the dashboard then choose to watch or play a game from the two choices at the bottom of the screen.

Normaly when I have a game disc in the game drive, the tray says "Play Game," though sometimes it says "Play DVD" even when a game is in the drive. If I choose to play dvd if a game is in the drive I get a white screen that is in multiple languages stating that you need to insert the game into a xbox to play.

I never start or stop something from inside a movie or game.