Children of Men review is here! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-28-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Children of Men review is here!

Let the conspiracy theories fade away and post your thoughts on what is an excellent and well written review (good job Ken!). I'd be more than happy to wait an extra day or two for reviews, after release, if they will all be of this caliber.

Michael Goldshteyn

Last edited by mgoldshteyn; 03-28-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:57 PM
HDD Founder

was just going to start a thread on this topic myself.

here's the link:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/childrenofmen.html
Old 03-28-2007, 01:17 PM

A very enthusiastic review... good stuff.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:20 PM

Great movie, I wholeheartedly recommend it; maybe the best movie I saw in 2006. Will be picking up the HD DVD very soon...
Old 03-28-2007, 01:23 PM

I recieved the movie and saw it last night. I had to watch it on DVD because my girlfriend was with me and we would not fit in my small HDTV area where I play my 360 and watch my HD-DVD movies. So I cant comment on the PQ of the HD-DVD side of the combo disk.

Anywoo, I thought that it was great movie. Truly gripping stuff, you could just feel the decay and depression that is present in the film. I am so glad that I have bought this film.

Before watching the movie, I read the original book. There will be some "hardcore" fans of the book that will be disappointed in knowing that there have been ALOT of changes made from book to movie.

After watching the movie, as a fan of the book, I was not all too disappointed in its translation. IMO, this film is in the rare category of being good despite the amount of changes from its original book. The movie does stand on its own apart from the original source.

I cannot wait to see it again on my HDTV with the i-control.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:49 PM

I have to wait until I get paid on Friday to pick this up!!!!

I know it's only two more days now, but I've been waiting for so long . . . .
Old 03-28-2007, 02:34 PM

Great review. Man, I want this movie right now... Loved it in teatres and can't wait to watch it again!

*Grumble*Stupid Canada with no copies...*Grumble*
Old 03-28-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Amazing!

I picked up this movie last night on HD-DVD and I was blown away by the quality of this disc. First I want to get this out of the way, I love this site I visit this site DAILY. I was looking forward to this review for a week now, just refreshing and waiting for it. I cannot believe that this movie didnt get 41/2 to 5 stars because the print is near perfect, its a visual feast! I cant believe that this site gave "HULK" a 5 star visual rating but not "children of men" what a shame I tell you. Ken is complaining about a few specks here and there? "Hulk" has plenty of that, thats a bunch of boulavard if you ask me!

Ok, done with that rant.

I just want to say anybody that owns HD-DVD, this disc is a must own!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:38 AM

This is another review of Children of men.
The one from dvdtown.com
I

http://www.dvdtown.com/reviews/childrenofmen/4502/1
Old 03-29-2007, 11:42 AM

Mine is arriving today via UPS.