All HD DVD's are GONE at Best Buy as of tomorrow.... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-25-2008, 02:15 PM

Default All HD DVD's are GONE at Best Buy as of tomorrow....

Remember when I told you guys about that sendback? Well apparently it's ALL HD DVD's.....

Quote:
Got this today while at work:

Mosaic will be in all stores before open on March 26 to pull and send back all HD-DVD titles. The representative will fill out the sendback paperwork and create a manifest for each individual tote. They'll also flex all Blu-ray inventory across the space where HD-DVD was featured. It's possible that stores may not have enough product to flex over all the old HD-DVD sections. In these cases, stores should put recent releases or titles that appeal to their customers in these areas. The Movies Team is working to increase the Blu-ray assortment to resolve this problem.

Stores with upcoming PI
If you have a PI close to the sendback timeframe, let Mosaic box up the HD-DVD product and remerchandise the area. They should stage the full sendback totes in the warehouse. Stores may want to verify the contents of each tote with the tote manifest that will be created and either create prescan sheets or count each tote on the night of inventory. A special sendback will post on the April 16 for these stores to ship their product back to the warehouse.

Signage
Mosaic will remove any header signs that list both Blu-ray and HD-DVD, as they are no longer valid signs in the store. Stores will be responsible to order additional Blu-ray sign rails to fill in the space left by the removed HD-DVD signs. Here are the signs that can be ordered:

811-0140636 - High Definition Movies for the ultimate...
811-0140829 - Play exclusively on Blu-ray Disc Players...
811-0140832 - High Definition Resolution...
811-0140833 - More titles available online...
Click below for a copy of Mosaic's instructions. Contact Ask the Bus with any questions.

Related Content

Mosaic HD-DVD Sendback Instructions - PDF

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1011397
Old 03-25-2008, 02:17 PM

yeah I talked with the local manager also.
the good news is that they will be sold for even lower on the website.
I passed on buying a few last titles at my local store today because of that fact.
btw: at Circuit Shitty nothing has changed. prices are the same, no discounts at all and the worker dude told me that I was totally wrong when I informed him that HD DVD was dead.

Hopefully BB will begin to offer more than 10% of all Blu-Ray titles in my local store.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:20 PM

Oh no... so we have no way of buying these HD DVDs at Best Buy anymore? That's the only store I buy them from

Touché, though, sir. You were absolutely right.

HEY, look at that... I forgot tomorrow was March 26th. That's not that bad.. I thought I wasn't going to be able to get these HD DVDs today
Old 03-25-2008, 02:21 PM

guess i will keep an eye on the website for price drops!
Old 03-25-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
It's possible that stores may not have enough product to flex over all the old HD-DVD sections . . . .
That may be an under statement.

After reading in the BD section about the planned BD releases this year from MGM/Fox & Disney, they sure don't seem to be rushing in the new BD releases nearly as fast as they are pushing HD DVD out the door.

Oh well, what to do? - Orders 8 import titles from Amazon Germany's sale, while contemplating selling BD player that rarely gets used.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
That may be an under statement.

After reading in the BD section about the planned BD releases this year from MGM/Fox & Disney, they sure don't seem to be rushing in the new BD releases nearly as fast as they are pushing HD DVD out the door.

Oh well, what to do? - Orders 8 import titles from Amazon Germany's sale, while contemplating selling BD player that rarely gets used.
Lol, I'm with you (sans selling your BD player... I still love my PS3 ). Even though HD DVD is pretty much over and done with in the United States, imports are still a fantastic alternative. I have already imported some outstanding titles, such as Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, and Death Sentence.

Thinking about Band of Brothers and The Machinist very soon
Old 03-25-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Lol, I'm with you (sans selling your BD player... I still love my PS3 ).
I got the Panasonic BD30 as I have a bit of a anti-game console prejudice, but a bit envious - and PO'd - now the PS3 has BD Live while my $500 BD player never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Even though HD DVD is pretty much over and done with in the United States, imports are still a fantastic alternative. I have already imported some outstanding titles, such as Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, and Death Sentence.

Thinking about Band of Brothers and The Machinist very soon
Yeah, I want Perfume, but it's out of stock already at Amazon Germany, I may have to get it from Xploited. I keep wanting to pull the trigger on Band of Brothers but my wallet keeps screaming in agony.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:57 PM

Default bye bye best buy . . .

Well, once Best Buy dumps all their HD-DVD inventory, the one remaining reason for me to ever shop for anything there will be gone. That's fine - Fry's always has a better selection of most things and better prices anyway.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:02 PM

The store I work at is actually holding on to our's until April 15th. We'd rather sell them to customers than send them back if we can.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:11 PM

cool. Now I can make sure I ask people not to give me BB gift cards anymore. Actually I've been getting Amazon Gift cards for the past year as gifts from people.
Fortunately, the removal of HD-DVD from BB shelves, means a larger inventory at Amazon. I know for a fact that they get some of their inventory from BB, because Amazon has sent me movies with BB's price sticker still on them.