'Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the Same' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-24-2008, 01:12 AM

Default 'Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the Same' - High-Def Digest Review

Peter's review of the much-delayed 'Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the Same' has been posted. He says the dramatic interludes are dreadful, but the musical performances rock. This is a solid HD DVD release, with well-mastered video and audio and a few vintage extras. This is a must for Led Zeppelin disciples, and worth a rental for those music fans unafraid of dramatic cheese.

Full review here:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/1024/...nsthesame.html
Old 03-24-2008, 11:36 AM

I couldnt disagree more about his "opinion" of the movie itself as this is a classic IMO. I usualy only read the PQ/AQ report though on HDD which is what this review sight is best for.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:10 PM

Im a huge Zep fan and I do agree that other than strictly the music, the whole movie is a silly concept and almost embarrassing for the band. Freegin joke.

Its almost as bad as that KISS movie from way back.... corny and laughable.

I'll just stick with my CD collection until further notice.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:21 PM

1) There is virtually no video footage of Plant pre-voice damage, so Zeppelin live footage is always disappointing, as Plant octaves down all high notes.

2) If you have to have a Zep concert film, pick up the self titled, which completely supercedes this.