Attebery is offline Member

Default 'UFO: Showtime' - High-Def Digest Review

Peter's review of 'UFO: Showtime' has been posted. He found the concert visually lackluster, but says the group sounds quite tight musically. This HD DVD has very good video and audio, plenty of extras, and an exclusive picture-in-picture track. This one is for the fans.

Full Review Here:
    http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/ufo_showtime.html

DrMaustus is offline Member

*sigh*

So sad that this is what has come of HD DVD...
    Epson Home Cinema 1080 UB, Panasonic TH-P50Z700 1080P plasma, Dali Ikon 6 fronts, Dali Ikon Vokal 2 center, 4 Dali Ikon on-walls, Velodyne DLS-4000R sub, Onkyo TX-SR705, LG BH200 (x2), 40 GB PS3

Scarpad is offline Member

Also sad one would dismiss a group like Pink Floyd, Genesis and other "Concept"artist who tried to add depth to their music. I guess we're better today with the 3 minute throw away songs that permeate the music industry

ben1080p is offline Member

Man, I was expecting I Robot, or Into The Wild, or even Ice Age!!
    But then I see this? Wow.
    haha..I know you guys are swamped with releases so take your time
    Format Neutral
    BD:78 HD:85

Arch-Nemesis: ben1080i

Quote Originally Posted by dannyschmanny View Post
    epic ben1080p.......f***ing ....epic.
    Yea..im that awesome.

calereneau is offline Member

Yeah, thank god for this review! I was totally expecting some shit like "Into the Wild" to be reviewed. I'm thrilled to see that HDD only reviews the quality discs that people care about.

Thanks.
    HD DVDs Owned: 46 (+ Heroes S1 and Planet Earth)
    Blu-rays Owned: 2

vinnie97 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
    Also sad one would dismiss a group like Pink Floyd, Genesis and other "Concept"artist who tried to add depth to their music. I guess we're better today with the 3 minute throw away songs that permeate the music industry
    Truth.

Django R is offline Member

Thankyou for the revue, I shall probably avoid and pick up on DVD

As a musician I thought I would add a bit about UFO

UFO have been a highly influential band throghout the 70s. The reason being one individual.. Michael Schenker , a guitarist that wrote and performed with UFO in the middle 70s.
    Like his brother Rudolph (Scorpions) he was native German but turned to offers from overseas most notably the Rolling Stones and settled on UFO... the songwriting talents of Mogg et all really gelled with Schenker, and gave showcase for his pioneering melodic guitar work.
    Far from being a footnote in rock history Schenkers work along with other pioneers like Uli Jon Roth, Randy Rhoads and Edward Van Halen influenced players well into the 1980s and beyond.
    One player who cited his influences (in 1985) was Vinnie Moore, a young Guitarist signed to shrapnel records his instrumental neo classical debut album was just released !

thankyou for the opinions on the video and sound aspects of this release.

cupboy is offline Member

I ordered the HD DVD. Don't see what the problem is.

cMb
    cMb is offline Member

I plan on getting this as well.

It's been in my Amazon 'High Priority' wish list since it has been available for pre-order.

UFO is a great band. Much more than a 'footnote' in the history of hard rock.
    Kirk Hammet, Scott Ian, Sebastian Bach, Dimebag Darrel & many other metal musicians have cited UFO as major influence. Eddie Trunk recently said Phil Mogg was one of his top 3 vocalists of all time.

The 'Bottom Line' says 'For Fans Only' & I certainly fall into that category. Like most fans though, I would much rather see some vintage footage of the band in their prime.

kch2003 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Django R View Post
    Thankyou for the revue, I shall probably avoid and pick up on DVD

As a musician I thought I would add a bit about UFO

UFO have been a highly influential band throghout the 70s. The reason being one individual.. Michael Schenker , a guitarist that wrote and performed with UFO in the middle 70s.
    Like his brother Rudolph (Scorpions) he was native German but turned to offers from overseas most notably the Rolling Stones and settled on UFO... the songwriting talents of Mogg et all really gelled with Schenker, and gave showcase for his pioneering melodic guitar work.
    Far from being a footnote in rock history Schenkers work along with other pioneers like Uli Jon Roth, Randy Rhoads and Edward Van Halen influenced players well into the 1980s and beyond.
    One player who cited his influences (in 1985) was Vinnie Moore, a young Guitarist signed to shrapnel records his instrumental neo classical debut album was just released !

thankyou for the opinions on the video and sound aspects of this release.
    Nice info wikipedia man
    250 Gig Slim
    GT: dr kenny c
    Black Ops, Madden 11, NBA 2K11, Forza 3

Toshiba HD-A30
    = 125+

Django R is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by kch2003 View Post
    Nice info wikipedia man
    STFU nb

cupboy is offline Member

When's this coming out on Blu-ray? This HD DVD only plays on Toshiba machines, not the LG or Samsung duo players that I have.

bruceames is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    When's this coming out on Blu-ray? This HD DVD only plays on Toshiba machines, not the LG or Samsung duo players that I have.
    Yeah, it doesn't play in my LG player either. It hangs up right after the copyrite warning.

Wanted to note that none of the special features are in HD. The review says they are but they're 480p.

Hans Gruber is offline Member

hey bruce i have a toshiba you can send the movie to me sheinker ( spelling) is a bad ass guitar player

bruceames is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post
    hey bruce i have a toshiba you can send the movie to me sheinker ( spelling) is a bad ass guitar player
    Thanks for the offer Hans, but actually I do have a Toshiba as well so I'm good.