Paramount Announces Four New Blu-ray And HD DVD Catalog Titles - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-20-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Paramount Announces Four New Blu-ray And HD DVD Catalog Titles

The Untouchables is one of my all time favorites.

http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-newsview.php?id=511
Old 03-20-2007, 01:10 PM

I can't access the link....what are the other 3 movies?
Old 03-20-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I can't access the link....what are the other 3 movies?
Here is the quoted text

Quote:
Paramount Home Entertainment has announced four catalog titles that will be released simultaneously on Blu-ray and HD DVD this summer.

'Freedom Writers' starring Scott Glenn and Hilary Swank will be available May 22, 'Hustle & Flow' on June 26, and 'The Untouchables (Special Collector's Edition)' and 'The Warriors (Ultimate Director's Cut)' on July 3. Specifics for each release are not yet available though you can safely assume extras found on the standard DVDs will all be ported over.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Founding Member

Freedom writers is good
Old 03-20-2007, 01:16 PM

Freedom Writers - I'll pass
H&F - I'll pass
The Untouchables - Own both SDVDs (one's a coaster), so, they have to offer something better
The Warriors - Definitely interested as long as they take some time with the transfer.

How about The Godfather???

Last edited by Bee; 03-20-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:42 PM

About time Paramount starts releasing titles. But still, supporting BD also really limits the amount of titles (ditto WB) they are releasing. Say all you want about the titles Universal is releasing; they are still the most commited studio to HD DVD, and are doing great work. I'll most likey pickup The Untouchables and The Warriors, but at this point they are still releasing at a snails pace.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1963 View Post
About time Paramount starts releasing titles. But still, supporting BD also really limits the amount of titles (ditto WB) they are releasing. Say all you want about the titles Universal is releasing; they are still the most commited studio to HD DVD, and are doing great work. I'll most likey pickup The Untouchables and The Warriors, but at this point they are still releasing at a snails pace.
Paramount might be the worst supporter of both formats....on top of that I haven't been overly impressed with their movies. Also, MiIII was screaming for TrueHD and they didn't even include that.

I feel like they are putting in minimal effort in order to maximize profits.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:50 PM

Also Untouchables and The Warriors for me. Freedom Writers sounds interesting though it will probably be a rental. Hustle & Flow would probably be pretty cool in HD, though I would need to check out the rental first.

It is really a good thing with so many upcoming releases I feel much more leisurely about picking and choosing.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Paramount might be the worst supporter of both formats....on top of that I haven't been overly impressed with their movies. Also, MiIII was screaming for TrueHD and they didn't even include that.

I feel like they are putting in minimal effort in order to maximize profits.
Well, at least they are delivering VC-1 on the HD DVD titles for the most part (though Babel was AVC). The Blu-ray guys have been stuck with MPEG-2.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Well, at least they are delivering VC-1 on the HD DVD titles for the most part (though Babel was AVC). The Blu-ray guys have been stuck with MPEG-2.
That's very true....though, if they could have used AVC for MiIII and gotten it to look like Lucky # Slevin, I would have been happy with that as well.