HD DVD conversion to Blu-ray: It really works!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-06-2008, 08:35 PM

Default HD DVD conversion to Blu-ray: It really works!!

Don't sell those discs!!

I picked up a XBox 360AO at CC last week. I gathered all the requisite software and made a test conversion (of the HD DVD intro section from Batman Begins) and it worked perfectly!! Can you imagine how funny it will be to put a disc in a blu-ray player and see the HD DVD intro in all its hidef glory?!

Anyway, when blu-ray burners and blanks drop someday, I'll easily be able to get all my red discs converted to blu. Not going to be doing any rebuys!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:42 PM

It will happen one day through software, hacks,.... I posted a link to a site about people backing up their HD DVD movies to DL DVD's a couple of weeks ago. It will only get better after time. Eventually I will buy a Blu-Ray burner and blank media when the prices drop.This I love technology!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Formerly peterhefer1

I recently Bought a backup A2, but then the sale's on the HD addon's came and I scooped one up for the Extra 5 movie's and ability to back up my disc's in a few years when Drive's drop in price, My computer is to shitty at this point and I'm holding out on a new one with the Constant acceleration in Comp. tech these day's.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iontyre View Post
Don't sell those discs!!

I picked up a XBox 360AO at CC last week. I gathered all the requisite software and made a test conversion (of the HD DVD intro section from Batman Begins) and it worked perfectly!! Can you imagine how funny it will be to put a disc in a blu-ray player and see the HD DVD intro in all its hidef glory?!

Anyway, when blu-ray burners and blanks drop someday, I'll easily be able to get all my red discs converted to blu. Not going to be doing any rebuys!
Also for people with no means of doing it themselves there are sites were you may aquire an hd dvd file that you own to download
Old 03-07-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iontyre View Post
Don't sell those discs!!

Why would you waste your money on converting them when HD DVD players are so dirt cheap? Even when prices come down your still going to be looking at prices around 5-10 bucks. Whats the point? Hey its your money tho, if you want to spend more money on titles you already own then that is certainly your right but by the time Blank BD discs come down in price youll be able to rebuy the titles your talking about on Blu Ray for pretty much the same price.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:35 PM

If you are going to convert them, convert them to VC-1 and stream them from your Vista Media Centere to your xbox 360 or media extender device. Heck do that for your Blu-rays as well and keep the disks as backup for safe keeping / watching & playing with all the extras.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:34 PM

right now i go to a site and i download WMVHD of blus and reds, i have no country for old men already and it looks GREAT on the xbox360