'The Road to Bali/The Road to Rio' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-25-2008, 01:16 PM

Default 'The Road to Bali/The Road to Rio' - High-Def Digest Review

Peter's review of 'The Road to Bali/The Road to Rio' has been posted. He was pleasantly surprised by these fun little pictures, and says this HD DVD double feature is a very nice way to watch them. Better-than-expected video and decent audio make this double-feature worth a look for high-def enthusiasts in the mood for some old school comedy.

Full review here:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/1215/...roadtorio.html
Old 02-25-2008, 01:30 PM

Still no Michael Clayton review from HDD but we get 2 crappy Bob Hope movies reviewed on HD DVD with this thread posted in the Blu-ray forum? C'mon guys. Step it up a little.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned

Does this support pop-up menu during playback? As far as I can tell, no BCI release has had this feature.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:13 PM

Nice to see this has received the positive review it deserves. I have owned this for a while, and could not believe the comments that many others made regarding this release. People really need to spend more time watching these type movies in sd versions before they comment on the hd versions. These movies have NEVER looked better, and probably never will. people really need to learn about the concept of "context" on here.
It is something that is very important to understand when judging ANY hd release of a movie made before 1970 imo.
Spread the word.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:58 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the black level on "Rio". It's way too high (light). That's an easy adjustment in post production, I don't know how they missed it by that far. Bali looks quite good.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
Nice to see this has received the positive review it deserves. I have owned this for a while, and could not believe the comments that many others made regarding this release. People really need to spend more time watching these type movies in sd versions before they comment on the hd versions. These movies have NEVER looked better, and probably never will. people really need to learn about the concept of "context" on here.
It is something that is very important to understand when judging ANY hd release of a movie made before 1970 imo.
Spread the word.
I just got around to watching this myself, and I've got to say that I've never seen them look this good. The picture and sound are very impressive. "You're in the groove, Jackson."

"This is murder."
"You're telling me."