Well done Universal and Paramount, well done! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-21-2008, 06:17 PM

Well done Universal and Paramount, well done!

Universal and Paramount have my respect, being my two favorite studios (movie wise, not loyality wise). they were sincere about supporting HD DVD (Before anyone cries foul, Sony bought CS and 20% of MGM). Universal did exactly what they said ''It's over when Toshiba wants it to be over.'' Universal did indeed go down with Toshiba till the bitter end, and Paramount went one step further even though their contract officially expired when Toshiba called it quits they lasted one more day to annouce There Will Be Blood, Cloverfield, and Sweeney Todd. Well done, well done.

I would also like to point and laugh at the DIEHARD BR fanboys (not the silent majority of BR fans who have some humility over the issue). who now claim Paramount crawled back! Wow, that is a pathetic statement, considering they stuck with Toshiba even when they called it quits. Oh well, consumers lose and big corporations win.

Last edited by Barricade; 02-21-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:20 PM

Seems more like Smackdown material to me rather than HD DVD Software...
Old 02-21-2008, 06:20 PM

Well Sony owns Columbia Tri-Star, and has a huge interest in MGM. They bought Columbia around 20 years ago, probably in preparation for the next format war. They probably paid off Fox and Disney though.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
Seems more like Smackdown material to me rather than HD DVD Software...
I kinda of figured Blu-Ray fans would peep in, I wanted this post to be our thank you to those two studios.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:26 PM

Yeah they deserve respect for that. Paramount better release Cloverfield and Sweeney Todd on Blu. They arent even coming out until over a month. They should be able to get in there and make it on blu ray too. At least they arent leaving the people who have hd dvd like they did blu. I guess they learned this time around to not just abandon a format right away.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled View Post
Yeah they deserve respect for that. Paramount better release Cloverfield and Sweeney Todd on Blu. They arent even coming out until over a month. They should be able to get in there and make it on blu ray too. At least they arent leaving the people who have hd dvd like they did blu. I guess they learned this time around to not just abandon a format right away.
Anyone by now knows they will release those titles on Blu. No need to worry, .
Old 02-21-2008, 06:38 PM

I would really love for Paramount to release them first on HD DVD and later on Blu just to piss off the BDA.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barricade View Post
I kinda of figured Blu-Ray fans would peep in, I wanted this post to be our thank you to those two studios.
haha.. nice bait.. we know they can't resist..

isn't it only smackdown if it were posted in the blu-ray forum?
Old 02-21-2008, 06:56 PM

Universal and Paramount are some great companies. The only company I can respect at the same level is Walt Disney (the only Blu-Ray related company that put's out releases with a heart and still hesitates to put out everything including the worst on Blu-Ray).
Old 02-21-2008, 07:55 PM

This is about Stodios showing some class. even though the don't have to.
It Will be remembered when I go Purple.

P.S. Dose anyone else think Fletch will be Uni's last HD and first blu on the same day?