WGN 9 Chicago! The War is over Feature is coming Tuesday 2/19/08 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Formerly candymangt

Default WGN 9 Chicago! The War is over Feature is coming Tuesday 2/19/08

I also posted this in the SD!, since some don't go in there I want to place it here since it does affect us HD DVD loyalists if true.

This upcoming Tuesday, WGN9 @ 9pm CST News is going to have a feature on HD DVD vs. Blu-ray and how HD DVD lost the war and what it means for the consumer. I just saw a preview just a few minutes ago.

Maybe some news is coming on Monday from HD DVD GP.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymangt View Post
I also posted this in the SD!, since some don't go in there I want to place it here since it does affect us HD DVD loyalists if true.

This upcoming Tuesday, WGN9 @ 9pm CST News is going to have a feature on HD DVD vs. Blu-ray and how HD DVD lost the war and what it means for the consumer. I just saw a preview just a few minutes ago.

This my friend, is true journalism. They don't care about facts but what sells best. Even if Toshiba won't announce anything on Monday or early Tuesday it won't change anything on the upcoming feature.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:

I dont live in US... and dont even live on a "first world" country.... there is too much to ask you to record this program.... ´cause I really wanted, and some others will.

Can you recorded, and upload this to Youtube... or even better... to Stage6 (same as youtube but content with higher DivX quality).

Can you record this ???

Old 02-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESR_Venezuela View Post
I dont live in US... and dont even live on a "first world" country.... there is too much to ask you to record this program.... ´cause I really wanted, and some others will.

Can you recorded, and upload this to Youtube... or even better... to Stage6 (same as youtube but content with higher DivX quality).

Can you record this ???

I will try my best, I'll just have to hook up my DVD recorder to the TV.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
This my friend, is true journalism. They don't care about facts but what sells best. Even if Toshiba won't announce anything on Monday or early Tuesday it won't change anything on the upcoming feature.
Their story was written a long time ago -- Anything contrary by Toshiba would only be termed in the story as a denial. This isn't journalism...
Old 02-17-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFrugge View Post
Their story was written a long time ago -- Anything contrary by Toshiba would only be termed in the story as a denial. This isn't journalism...
It is journalism. The new kind of journalism we ended up after most of the old fashioned journalists have died or were at least fired.

I haven't seen true stories for ages now and it's absolutely disgusting to read all this BS in the media.

I'm not surprised about all this murderers and sharpshooters on the street anymore. The media can drive you absolutely crazy.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I will try my best, I'll just have to hook up my DVD recorder to the TV.
will it be in high def?
Old 02-17-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian451 View Post
will it be in high def?
HIGHDEF? You must be kidding. How long should he take to upload it and how long would it be for us to download it?
Old 02-17-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
HIGHDEF? You must be kidding. How long should he take to upload it and how long would it be for us to download it?
With connections capable of more than 20MBit available here... not long
Old 02-17-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaek View Post
With connections capable of more than 20MBit available here... not long
Ya,but who is in touch with this type of connections? My connection is DSL 2000 (2Mbit) for example.