If I order from Amazon.com and am taxed will I still be taxed if I order Internationa - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-09-2007, 03:47 AM

Default If I order from Amazon.com and am taxed will I still be taxed if I order Internationa

Will I still be taxed if I order Internationally from Amazon if I'm taxed for ordering from Amazon.com?
Also has anyone seen any new deals for "Volcano High" and "Brave Story"?
Old 03-09-2007, 03:56 AM

Probably not. In fact the price you see on the international site actually goes down since they remove the tax when you ship to the US from an international amazon site.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:01 AM

Good to know. I wish both the movies I mentioned were still on sale from Amazon.co.jp . Any way the zShop's will cover shipping to the U.S. as well or is that to Amazon's discretion and the seller has no choice?
Also any chance I'll end up being able to import "Sin City" on HD DVD or does Disney own worldwide distribution rights to it?
Old 03-09-2007, 04:07 AM

It seems Brave Story is still on sale on Amazon jp: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000ICL40U, I don't really know about Volcano High, though.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:35 PM

Volcano High is also still available and in stock @Amazon Japan, here.
I think it (well, I think most Japanese HD DVDs used to, don't remember this particular release) used to be discounted by 20-25% around Christmas, but at the moment it's full price. They will deduct local sales tax, though.

And be aware that neither Brave Stroy nor Volcano High have English subtitles.

EDIT: With the new Amazon Japan policy of only shipping by courier it might be less expensive to order from CD Japan, at least when ordering single titles. And their site is in English, making the process easier.

Last edited by Njl; 03-09-2007 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Added information about another etailer.