I wish Paramount would announce "There Will Be Blood" HD DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-20-2008, 06:17 PM

Default I wish Paramount would announce "There Will Be Blood" HD DVD

Apparently this is a Paramount Vantage release, and there have been some other HD DVD released from this Paramount sub-production company/studio including "Babel." This movie has gotten amazing reviews and I wonder if Paramount is planning a HD DVD release. Anybody heard anything?
Old 01-20-2008, 06:21 PM

Nothing yet, I'm sure it will be soon though with the Golden Globe award and Oscar consideration.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:33 PM

Daniel Day-Lewis is an awesome actor. How he didn't get an Oscar for his work in "Gangs of NY" I'll never know.

I have not seen "Blood" yet, but I plan to next weekend.

This title is a must buy from all I have read. Freddy
Old 01-20-2008, 07:39 PM

I think this is under the same condition that No Country For Old Men is. I think it's handled by Miramax. So, I think this might be a Blu-Ray release.

There Will Be Blood is my favorite film of 2007. It is easily the best film I've seen since Children of Men. I'm eager to call this film a classic, as I've seen it twice and it holds up to my giddy nature. It's a film of such striking beauty, that I haven't seen a filmmaker tackle a subject with this sense of visuals, artistry, and intelligence...well, since Kubrick.

I find all the talk about its Kubrick like sensibilities to hold true. I don't deem it, as understating this film, or simplifying it. As nothing about Kubrick was ever simple.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:51 PM

hd dvd exclusive
Production Companies
Ghoulardi Film Company
Paramount Vantage
Miramax Films
Distributors
Paramount Vantage (2007) (USA) (theatrical)
Miramax Films (2007) (non-USA) (theatrical)
Buena Vista International (2008) (Argentina) (theatrical)
Buena Vista International (2008) (Netherlands) (theatrical)
Buena Vista Sony Pictures Releasing (BVSPR) (2008) (Russia) (theatrical)
Miramax Films (2006) (USA) (theatrical)
Quote:
Paramount Pictures (2007) (USA) (all media)
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (2008) (UK) (theatrical)

I expect Paramount to announce this after jan 22 when the Oscar nominations are announced.

they also have to finish its release so again expect this one late feb or early march
Old 01-20-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I think this is under the same condition that No Country For Old Men is. I think it's handled by Miramax. So, I think this might be a Blu-Ray release.
No, it's not. They are co-produced by Paramount and Miramax. In No Country's case, Miramax holds domestic distribution rights whereas Paramount holds domestic distribution for There Will Be Blood. Either way, assuming Paramount does not jump ship on us, we should be able to get both on HD DVD either domestically (TWBB) or import (NCFOM).
Old 01-20-2008, 08:34 PM

Well....the movie hasn't been out for even a month yet and its widest theater release is only 389 theaters. Anyone know if they are going to expand to a wide release?
Old 01-20-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfury82 View Post
Well....the movie hasn't been out for even a month yet and its widest theater release is only 389 theaters. Anyone know if they are going to expand to a wide release?
Yes, eventually. I am in Lubbock, TX (going to college) and my sister said she called one of the theaters recently to ask about it. They told her that they had requested it so hopefully we will be able to check it out.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfury82 View Post
I would pretty much guarantee this film will get a wider release. It might not get a wide release as in 2200 theatres but it will certainly open up in more than the 389 theatres its in right now especially when the oscar fever starts picking up.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:39 PM

Blood is another title that will be a must get. People complain about Paramount's release schedule, but it is clear there is some great material in the pipeline.

I have been a big fan of Daniel Day Lewis for a very long time.