Any difference between Gizmodo and Engadget - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-20-2008, 03:40 PM

Default Any difference between Gizmodo and Engadget

Is there a difference between Gizmodo and Engadget? I think Engadget is, by its ownership, a blu blog. Is Gizmodo as well? I used to read them, but there is little difference in their content.

They both posted the HD DVD poster "Hang On" with virtually the same joke. It seems they both love to hate people on a budget.

Other than this site, what are good sources of HD DVD info? Not much to HDDVD.com or HDDVD.org. I sometimes search AVS forum...

Any thoughts?
Old 01-20-2008, 05:28 PM

The main difference is: Gizmodo won't ever be on the CES again

And I understand the OP. HIGHDEF-Digest is great but most other pages are more actual.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:27 PM

Not looking for rosy pictures (though I did pick red), more like I'm looking not to be condescended to. I'd like a few sites to read that don't take too much of a side.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barwick View Post
Is there a difference between Gizmodo and Engadget? I think Engadget is, by its ownership, a blu blog. Is Gizmodo as well? I used to read them, but there is little difference in their content.

They both posted the HD DVD poster "Hang On" with virtually the same joke. It seems they both love to hate people on a budget.

Other than this site, what are good sources of HD DVD info? Not much to HDDVD.com or HDDVD.org. I sometimes search AVS forum...

Any thoughts?
Yeah, Engadget is an AOL property, so their blu slant isn't surprising. They seem to copycat each other alot. Not sure if it's because they are watching each others coverage or because they're watching the same news wires.

Their humor is often childish.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:34 AM

I don't read Gizmodo so I can't comment but Engadget has a couple of really smart people and a bunch of doo-mass people working for them. If you go back and look at all of the pictures the posted from CES about 10% of them are not so dark that you can accually see what is in the picture. It's a bit silly that a tech blog can't seem to afford a freaking flash.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:42 PM

They both were fun to read, but now they just copy of each other and tend to go more for Blu.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:38 PM

About the same difference as between and outhouse and a latrine. Both look a little different on the outside but once your inside they both stink and are full of crap.