ultimate matrix - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-20-2008, 12:13 AM

Default ultimate matrix

i have the ultimate collection with the neo bust on dvd. is there anything more the ultimate hd dvd collection offers over the dvd version?...besides the convenience of everything in a tiny package?
Old 01-20-2008, 12:29 AM

I have not watched EVERYTHING yet. But, the HD-DVD version has remastered audio and the first movie seems to have been polished a bit (visual levels, saturation, etc.) to match the 2nd and 3rd movies.

If you love the movies and want to see them in all their glory, get the HD-DVD set. If you are trying to support the HD-DVD sales numbers, get the set. If you like the movies and bought the SD set for the statue, get a used copy of the set.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:42 AM

The link is down ATM, but here is HDDs review of the "Ultimate Matrix Collection", http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/matrix_umc.html

You probably already know, but the "Complete Matrix Trilogy" is the cheaper one and has the same movie encodes, and the "Ultimate Matrix Collection" is the one with the super upgrade in special features. Whenever the link is back up you can read the review on it. IIRC it has something sick like 36 hours of special features

I need to eventually upgrade my Matrix set (3 separate movies, nothing special).
Old 01-20-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassili View Post
i have the ultimate collection with the neo bust on dvd. is there anything more the ultimate hd dvd collection offers over the dvd version?...besides the convenience of everything in a tiny package?

I also have that same version of SD DVD's and I didnt even hesitate to buy the HD versions. They are some of the best quality HD DVD's released to date and its not only am I a monster fan of the original film but I am one of the people that loved the entire trilogy. This series of films was one of the main reasons I even adopted HD to begin with. I kept my SD DVD versions and will use those in portable devices and for travel but when I am at home and want to watch the Matrix now, noting but 1080p goodness will do. This set is well worth the price, I actually would have paid alot more.

If your a fan of the films then it shouldnt even be a question of if your going to get it but when your going to get it.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeTheatreFreak View Post
I also have that same version of SD DVD's and I didnt even hesitate to buy the HD versions. They are some of the best quality HD DVD's released to date and its not only am I a monster fan of the original film but I am one of the people that loved the entire trilogy. This series of films was one of the main reasons I even adopted HD to begin with. I kept my SD DVD versions and will use those in portable devices and for travel but when I am at home and want to watch the Matrix now, noting but 1080p goodness will do. This set is well worth the price, I actually would have paid alot more.

If your a fan of the films then it shouldnt even be a question of if your going to get it but when your going to get it.
I am the same i love the trilogy and the matrix is what convinced me to be an early adopter of HDM.

How ever i only got the complete matrix collection(UK) and had not idea about the ultimate collection so i will be buying the ultimate collection soon
Old 01-20-2008, 07:27 AM

Am I crazy for not owning this set? I love the first Matrix, but I already have it on DVD (the original release), and I'm not too wild about the sequels. I realize that the Matrix will look stunning in HD, but on the other hand I dislike the color corrections they've done on the first film. All this added up has stayed my hand in buying this set, but reading all the opinions makes me think I must be mad.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
Am I crazy for not owning this set? I love the first Matrix, but I already have it on DVD (the original release), and I'm not too wild about the sequels. I realize that the Matrix will look stunning in HD, but on the other hand I dislike the color corrections they've done on the first film. All this added up has stayed my hand in buying this set, but reading all the opinions makes me think I must be mad.
Just the improved sound quality makes this worth the purchase IMO.

The picture quality is awsome i use the matrix trilogy to show of HD and everybody i have shown has been impressed

Well worth the purchase IMO
Old 01-20-2008, 08:20 AM

what i did was sold my dvd version on half.com for 40 bucks and bought the hd dvd version so it was only an 30 buck purchase
Old 01-20-2008, 09:32 AM

the AQ and PQ of the matrix HD DVD is something everyone should experience at least once
Old 01-20-2008, 09:56 AM

My budget is super-duper tight right now, so I've been holding off on buying... (think I'll be going for the smaller 3-pack).

On a lark, I bid on Revolutions HD DVD and got it for 7.51 plus 3 dollars for shipping.

On an interesting note, I bought if from the same guy who won an auction for it a few weeks ago. Same copy? Don't know, but I lost that auction on a $13 bid plus $3 shipping. Karma?