Pan's Labryinth has freak packaging!!!!!!!!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-16-2008, 07:57 PM

Default Pan's Labryinth has freak packaging!!!!!!!!!

Okay I am one of those crazy people who are anal retentive about disc boxes and the packaging for PL is gonna drive me nuts for ages to come. First thing the HD DVD logo isn't clearly visable as with other boxes. You kinda have to hold it up to the light to see it. And the worst offender, they put the HD DVD logo on the bottom part of the spine. All other titles have it at the top so when I look at my collection I'll see a row of HD DVD and them hey where is it, oh its all the way at the bottom mwahahahahahahha! Yeah I know I need help.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:58 PM

...yes.....yes you do

Old 01-16-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefangv View Post
First thing the HD DVD logo isn't clearly visable as with other boxes. You kinda have to hold it up to the light to see it.
My copy of Goblet of Fire is like that as well, it's like they forget to paint the logo white or something.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Banned

Whats that you say? We already have a thread about this? Why yes, yes we do.

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=36740

Do yourself a favor and buy a replacement case.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:31 PM

I swear to god... i hope some of you people never reproduce!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefangv View Post
Okay I am one of those crazy people who are anal retentive about disc boxes and the packaging for PL is gonna drive me nuts for ages to come. First thing the HD DVD logo isn't clearly visable as with other boxes. You kinda have to hold it up to the light to see it. And the worst offender, they put the HD DVD logo on the bottom part of the spine. All other titles have it at the top so when I look at my collection I'll see a row of HD DVD and them hey where is it, oh its all the way at the bottom mwahahahahahahha! Yeah I know I need help.
Get used to it, every Paramount HD DVD has the logo on the bottom of the spine
Old 01-17-2008, 08:54 AM

Got me looking - I'd never looked that closely at the packaging for Pan, or most other HD DVDs/BDs. Did anyone else notice that "A" on the lower right side of the back cover? It looks like the Region Code "A" they (Fox) uses on blu-rays.

EDIT: It is the BD Region code "A" - I just checked my BD of Hairspray, and the BD region code A is in the same place. It looks like New Line used identical art cover, just swapping out the small Blu-ray / HD DVD logo in the last column in "Subtitles".

Pan's Lab is a Collector's item in more ways than one - it's the only Region A coded HD DVD.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:58 AM

It's OK.... there there....

[giving friendly pat on back whilst nervously looking for escape route...]
Old 01-17-2008, 09:02 AM

You'll get over it. Being an Australian who imports along with local purchases means I have to stomach cases of a different width (AUS cases are as thick as regular DVD cases) and horrible fisher price style film rating logos!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
You'll get over it. Being an Australian who imports along with local purchases means I have to stomach cases of a different width (AUS cases are as thick as regular DVD cases) and horrible fisher price style film rating logos!
Which reminds me: I STILL need to import all three First Blood movies.