Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    PeterB Guest

    Default 'The Hitcher (2007)' -- pre-release buzz

    Universal has announced 'The Hitcher' remake for May 1:

    http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...HD_Support/488

    Haven't seen the new version. But I hope the release the original, as well. Anyway, the specs look good -- some nice extras in there.

  2. #2
    johnjle3 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    81

    Default

    solid specs but it seems it got bad reviews =( Good to hear about new releases though

  3. #3
    dandeeswish's Avatar
    dandeeswish is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    I haven't seen the new version either- but it would be nice to see an updated version of the movie! I'm glad that it is coming to HD-DVD! I wont get into the whole combo thing-LOL!
    "Your Angels speak with jilted Tongues."

  4. #4
    Dave Mack is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Last edited by Dave Mack; 02-23-2007 at 01:18 PM.

  5. #5
    ben1080p's Avatar
    ben1080p is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    11,520

    Default

    havent seen the movie...but if its as good as the orginal and has great PQ, then I'll check it out.
    Format Neutral
    BD:78 HD:85

    Arch-Nemesis: ben1080i

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyschmanny View Post
    epic ben1080p.......f***ing ....epic.
    Yea..im that awesome.

  6. #6
    John32's Avatar
    John32 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Man I wish they'd release both the Rutger Hauer version on as a bonus. Well, my college buddy, Zachary Knighton is in the new version of the Hitcher and he says that it's good! (sorry, had to name drop there) but, I like a quick, violent horror flick that's R rated so I'll give this one a shot.
    player is 40 gig PS3. It's never blown up.
    I still when I'm nostalgic for 2006.

  7. #7
    mrkiller's Avatar
    mrkiller is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    this movie looks good, looks like one of those films i like

  8. #8
    Spideybat's Avatar
    Spideybat is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Braunfels, TX
    Posts
    4,852

    Default

    I want the original classic, not this poor remake.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
    My HD list.

  9. #9
    timbobarry's Avatar
    timbobarry is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Netflix for this, just wondering what made Universal decide to bring this to HD DVD when they just had a few releases with only SD DVD that also did poor at the theaters - The Return, Let's Go To Prison, Man Of The Year. I did notice one of them had a preview stating Let's Go To Prison coming to HD DVD. Dont see how The Hitcher can be big enough to be considered HD DVD worthy.
    Collection (231)
    Collection (1237)
    DVD Collection
    Players: LG BH200, Sony BDP-S790, Panasonic DMP-BDT100
    Display: Panasonic VIERA TC-P54VT25
    Audio: Pioneer VSX-1120-K receiver, Polk DSW Pro 600 sub

  10. #10
    mrkiller's Avatar
    mrkiller is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
    I want the original classic, not this poor remake.
    i just like Sean Bean, he is one of my fave. actors.

  11. #11
    BostonMA's Avatar
    BostonMA is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
    i just like Sean Bean, he is one of my fave. actors.
    yeah, sean bean is a very good british actor. i never saw the oringinal one but i understand that it was a horror classic and that this one is not. BUT, i saw the commercial for this and i didnt get a chance to see it in theatres but i am definetly gonna buy this on hd dvd. i was very happy when i heard this news about this and alpha dog coming may 1st. now, all we need are michael bay's other produced movies, the texas chainsaw massacre remake and the beginning. the beginning was a complete massacre of a movie and probably the goriest and bloodiest movie i have ever seen. But it was great!!!! i thought that the remake was actualy a decent scary movie but the new prequel was just a slahs fest. even though the beginning was garbage, i want those two movies out from new line to add to the hitcher

  12. #12
    mrkiller's Avatar
    mrkiller is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
    yeah, sean bean is a very good british actor. i never saw the oringinal one but i understand that it was a horror classic and that this one is not. BUT, i saw the commercial for this and i didnt get a chance to see it in theatres but i am definetly gonna buy this on hd dvd. i was very happy when i heard this news about this and alpha dog coming may 1st. now, all we need are michael bay's other produced movies, the texas chainsaw massacre remake and the beginning. the beginning was a complete massacre of a movie and probably the goriest and bloodiest movie i have ever seen. But it was great!!!! i thought that the remake was actualy a decent scary movie but the new prequel was just a slahs fest. even though the beginning was garbage, i want those two movies out from new line to add to the hitcher

    im just going to get it because of Sean Bean, he is awesome, and the trailer looks pretty cool, i know its not that good, but it really doesnt matter i just want to see it

  13. #13
    BostonMA's Avatar
    BostonMA is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
    im just going to get it because of Sean Bean, he is awesome, and the trailer looks pretty cool, i know its not that good, but it really doesnt matter i just want to see it
    yeah, same here i know its not gonna be anything good but i still do want to see it. just like the the TCM: the beginning. bad movie but i loved it haha.

  14. #14
    Spideybat's Avatar
    Spideybat is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Braunfels, TX
    Posts
    4,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
    yeah, same here i know its not gonna be anything good but i still do want to see it. just like the the TCM: the beginning. bad movie but i loved it haha.
    Along those lines, I actually prefer the TCM remake over the original. That is very rare for me.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
    My HD list.

  15. #15
    BostonMA's Avatar
    BostonMA is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    8,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
    Along those lines, I actually prefer the TCM remake over the original. That is very rare for me.
    no, i thought the remake was a decent filmed movie that was pretty scary. but the beginning which is the new remake, isnt a good movie, just a ton of gore in it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1