Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PeterB Guest

Default 'The Hitcher (2007)' -- pre-release buzz

Universal has announced 'The Hitcher' remake for May 1:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...HD_Support/488

Haven't seen the new version. But I hope the release the original, as well. Anyway, the specs look good -- some nice extras in there.

johnjle3 is offline Member

solid specs but it seems it got bad reviews =( Good to hear about new releases though

dandeeswish is offline Member

I haven't seen the new version either- but it would be nice to see an updated version of the movie! I'm glad that it is coming to HD-DVD! I wont get into the whole combo thing-LOL!
    "Your Angels speak with jilted Tongues."

Dave Mack is offline Member

Last edited by Dave Mack; 02-23-2007 at 01:18 PM.

ben1080p is offline Member

havent seen the movie...but if its as good as the orginal and has great PQ, then I'll check it out.
    Format Neutral
    BD:78 HD:85

Arch-Nemesis: ben1080i

Quote Originally Posted by dannyschmanny View Post
    epic ben1080p.......f***ing ....epic.
    Yea..im that awesome.

John32 is offline Member

Man I wish they'd release both the Rutger Hauer version on as a bonus. Well, my college buddy, Zachary Knighton is in the new version of the Hitcher and he says that it's good! (sorry, had to name drop there) but, I like a quick, violent horror flick that's R rated so I'll give this one a shot.
    player is 40 gig PS3. It's never blown up.
    I still when I'm nostalgic for 2006.

mrkiller is offline Member

this movie looks good, looks like one of those films i like

Spideybat is offline Member

I want the original classic, not this poor remake.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
    My HD list.

timbobarry is offline Member

Netflix for this, just wondering what made Universal decide to bring this to HD DVD when they just had a few releases with only SD DVD that also did poor at the theaters - The Return, Let's Go To Prison, Man Of The Year. I did notice one of them had a preview stating Let's Go To Prison coming to HD DVD. Dont see how The Hitcher can be big enough to be considered HD DVD worthy.
    Collection (231)
    Collection (1237)
    DVD Collection
    Players: LG BH200, Sony BDP-S790, Panasonic DMP-BDT100
    Display: Panasonic VIERA TC-P54VT25
    Audio: Pioneer VSX-1120-K receiver, Polk DSW Pro 600 sub

Quote Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
    I want the original classic, not this poor remake.
    i just like Sean Bean, he is one of my fave. actors.

BostonMA is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
    i just like Sean Bean, he is one of my fave. actors.
    yeah, sean bean is a very good british actor. i never saw the oringinal one but i understand that it was a horror classic and that this one is not. BUT, i saw the commercial for this and i didnt get a chance to see it in theatres but i am definetly gonna buy this on hd dvd. i was very happy when i heard this news about this and alpha dog coming may 1st. now, all we need are michael bay's other produced movies, the texas chainsaw massacre remake and the beginning. the beginning was a complete massacre of a movie and probably the goriest and bloodiest movie i have ever seen. But it was great!!!! i thought that the remake was actualy a decent scary movie but the new prequel was just a slahs fest. even though the beginning was garbage, i want those two movies out from new line to add to the hitcher

Quote Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
    yeah, sean bean is a very good british actor. i never saw the oringinal one but i understand that it was a horror classic and that this one is not. BUT, i saw the commercial for this and i didnt get a chance to see it in theatres but i am definetly gonna buy this on hd dvd. i was very happy when i heard this news about this and alpha dog coming may 1st. now, all we need are michael bay's other produced movies, the texas chainsaw massacre remake and the beginning. the beginning was a complete massacre of a movie and probably the goriest and bloodiest movie i have ever seen. But it was great!!!! i thought that the remake was actualy a decent scary movie but the new prequel was just a slahs fest. even though the beginning was garbage, i want those two movies out from new line to add to the hitcher

im just going to get it because of Sean Bean, he is awesome, and the trailer looks pretty cool, i know its not that good, but it really doesnt matter i just want to see it

Quote Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
    im just going to get it because of Sean Bean, he is awesome, and the trailer looks pretty cool, i know its not that good, but it really doesnt matter i just want to see it
    yeah, same here i know its not gonna be anything good but i still do want to see it. just like the the TCM: the beginning. bad movie but i loved it haha.

Spideybat is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
    yeah, same here i know its not gonna be anything good but i still do want to see it. just like the the TCM: the beginning. bad movie but i loved it haha.
    Along those lines, I actually prefer the TCM remake over the original. That is very rare for me.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
    My HD list.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
    Along those lines, I actually prefer the TCM remake over the original. That is very rare for me.
    no, i thought the remake was a decent filmed movie that was pretty scary. but the beginning which is the new remake, isnt a good movie, just a ton of gore in it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast