Looks like they are still honoring the 5 free - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-15-2008, 12:11 AM

Default Looks like they are still honoring the 5 free

I'm quite shocked that they are, or ever really were honoring the promotion based on how long it's taken some people to receive their films. Still, after the WB announcement, I wasn't sure if they'd do it anymore(again, it's questionable that they were doing it at all based off all the people who never received their movies).

Got a card in the mail talking about how there has been a "delay in processing" with my order and if *I* want, I can just cancel the whole order and "they will promptly comply". I love how they talk about it as if they are doing you a real favor. Anyway, another thing I find odd is that here it is on the 14th, and they are telling me that my items will be shipped on the 30th, but again if I want to cancel RIGHT NOW they'll allow it. Cracks me up.

Of course, picking from the old-ass list(the very first one), the few that I didn't have, that I chose, I could honestly live without. Still, there's no way in Hell I'd cancel, it's free movies after all.

Though this is encouraging, I'd recommend any and everyone who hasn't sent in their 5 free offer coupon to do so IMMEDIATELY, especially if you're going to be picking any Warner movies. I have a sneaking suspicion that, at some point, you'll be getting one of these cards telling you that all WB selections you chose are canceled, but that you can pick out other films(for an added 3 month "processing" time).
Old 01-15-2008, 02:52 AM

I'm waiting for my 5 free HD-DVD's to come in the mail so I can trade them in for about 50 bucks store credit at FYE and get some films I really want to see. I mean "The Frighteners"?, "Swordfish"? No thanks.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:50 AM

I am still waiting on my 5 free but from what others have said, they damage the case and the upc so people cant return them.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by typ44q View Post
I am still waiting on my 5 free but from what others have said, they damage the case and the upc so people cant return them.
Yeah but as I heard only Warner (or was it Universal?) do so.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:35 PM

they have to do it. legally even if HD DVD dies they have to still support it for atleast 6 years, this includes honoring rebates etc.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:22 PM

I just got mine last FRIDAY... i had to pick it up @ the post office coz they don't wanna leave it in my mail box... ALL 5 of my movies are perfect conditions...no upc gash, broken case...etc... they even gave me the re-release version of FMJ... AMAZING!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:06 PM

Been over a month since I sent my rebate for the five movies I paid for. Two of them are Warner titles (Swordfish and Troy). Sooner the better because I really want to trade/sell those titles.