Planet Earth HD DVD - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-14-2008, 11:07 PM
video-rx's Avatar
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 22
Question Planet Earth HD DVD

Does anyone know if the Discovery Channel version of the Planet Earth series is affected by Warner's decision?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Pouyan's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 788
Default

I think so, I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that Warner releases BBC Videos
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Liqwid's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouyan View Post
I think so, I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that Warner releases BBC Videos
The Discovery Channel version is only distributed by the Discovery Channel/Store.

Warner has distribution rights of all BBC videos in the states, but not Discovery.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2008, 01:36 AM
Blurry's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,187
Default

And in any case, so far all indications are that Warner will continue supplying already released titles as long as there is demand, so Planet Earth should certainly be on that list...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 AM
typ44q's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
And in any case, so far all indications are that Warner will continue supplying already released titles as long as there is demand, so Planet Earth should certainly be on that list...
It should be way on the top of that list.
is Planet Earth the only title that has sold better on hd-dvd than on blu?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-15-2008, 10:30 AM
bookcase's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by typ44q View Post
It should be way on the top of that list.
is Planet Earth the only title that has sold better on hd-dvd than on blu?
It is precisely that reason that BBC has stated they will continue to support both formats, according to TVonDVD.com:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sit...Decisions/8765
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Liqwid's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,170
Default

It's probably because 2|entertain (BBC's distributor, I think) has WB on contract to sell for them.

But, hey, when/if you buy Planet Earth, or any BBC HD DVD, make sure you fill out the survey card that they include. It could prove to be helpful in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-15-2008, 10:41 AM
typ44q's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcase View Post
It is precisely that reason that BBC has stated they will continue to support both formats, according to TVonDVD.com:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sit...Decisions/8765
thanks for that link, I have planet earth and galapagos on hd-dvd and love them both, I wonder what the four new titles are?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Liqwid's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by typ44q View Post
thanks for that link, I have planet earth and galapagos on hd-dvd and love them both, I wonder what the four new titles are?
Maybe they'll bring their already UK debuted Robin Hood series, and maybe a season of Little Britain? Maybe The Office?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
Maybe they'll bring their already UK debuted Robin Hood series, and maybe a season of Little Britain? Maybe The Office?
Robin Hood may get released in the US, but no chance for Little Britain or The Office as they were not filmed in HD or on any film type that is of a high enough resolution!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Planet Earth and Earth: The Biography for $54.99 DrMaustus Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 0 03-28-2009 09:34 PM
FIRESALE !! Planet Earth $29 Sunrise earth $24 Free Shipping ! WOW! GearsOfWar HD DVD Bargains 67 03-04-2008 05:03 PM
Sunrise Earth + Planet Earth for 59.99 chris619 HD DVD Bargains 7 02-20-2008 09:22 PM
Planet Earth HD DVD and 360 HD DVD MarkTrav HD DVD and Video Game Consoles 40 06-01-2007 09:42 PM
Planet Earth coming to HD DVD/BD on April 24th! Tejstar General Discussion: Both Formats 3 01-12-2007 11:18 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off