Pan's Labyrinth Issues - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-10-2008, 05:39 PM

Question Pan's Labyrinth Issues

Hopefully this is the right place for something like this...my apologies if not.

I just purchased Pan's Labyrinth today and I'm having some trouble playing it on my laptop. The movie will start, but the menu never shows up so I can't start the movie. I updated the Toshiba HD DVD software, but it didn't make any difference. All my other HD DVDs play fine on my laptop, and Pan's Labyrinth works fine in my main HD DVD player.

I guess I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with an HD DVD on their laptop?

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Hopefully this is the right place for something like this...my apologies if not.

I just purchased Pan's Labyrinth today and I'm having some trouble playing it on my laptop. The movie will start, but the menu never shows up so I can't start the movie. I updated the Toshiba HD DVD software, but it didn't make any difference. All my other HD DVDs play fine on my laptop, and Pan's Labyrinth works fine in my main HD DVD player.

I guess I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with an HD DVD on their laptop?

Thanks!
Make sure that there's absolutely no dust or finger prints on the disc when you first put it in. The thinner HD DVD drive may be the cause. Otherwise, I have no clue.