Microsoft: We are still dedicated to the HD DVD format - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-10-2008, 04:39 PM

Default Microsoft: We are still dedicated to the HD DVD format

http://www.dvdtown.com/news/microsof...vd-format/5104

Quote:
According to gaming site kotaku.com Microsoft has made it clear that they remain dedicated to the HD DVD format. "There was a critical element of our comments missing from the story -- Microsoft currently has no plans at this time to consider Blu-ray as an option. We continue to believe that HD DVD is the best optical solution for consumers, since it's the only format today that delivers quality experiences at affordable prices." a MS spokesperson clarified.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:42 PM

Glad somebody is at least sticking with us. And this one I actually believe 100%. I seriously don't think M$ will drop HD-DVD until the very day it's 100% officially dead.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Watcher of stances

"no current plans to consider Blu-ray as an option"

always wondered if spokespeople are required to use that term as its always around.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post

always wondered if spokespeople are required to use that term as its always around.
Actually yes. If they wouldn't use this term people all around the world could sue them for the "fact of missleading" (especially the people in this little country called USA would do so ) if they wouldn't stick to their plans till the end.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:20 PM

Oh, thank God.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:56 PM

It's nice to hear, but I've not seen anything from MS other than the 360 add on.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:02 PM

Come on Bill Gates do somthing you have more than $500 million in your back pocket. If WB can be bought so can Fox or Disney.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:

Yeah, and tell me the F... you find articles writing about this! I get so F... pissed off, one rumour about BD and it's all over the world in a nano-second, this kind of statements doesn't even get noticed. I hate this F...... biasity, it#s driving me nuts!!!

Sorry, i've bee writing some posts in a bad mood today, but damn, it really pisses me off how one side can have it any way they want and get away with it! I feel like starting a news site that is only spreading BD FUD, and i mean ALL the time Man!

Ok, time to take the medicin!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Yeah, and tell me the F... you find articles writing about this! I get so F... pissed off, one rumour about BD and it's all over the world in a nano-second, this kind of statements doesn't even get noticed. I hate this F...... biasity, it#s driving me nuts!!!

Sorry, i've bee writing some posts in a bad mood today, but damn, it really pisses me off how one side can have it any way they want and get away with it! I feel like starting a news site that is only spreading BD FUD, and i mean ALL the time Man!

Ok, time to take the medicin!
I feel your pain. Reality is that both sides are guilty of this. Just the Blu side is having thier moment right now.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:

Go back to the smackdown section where you belong! You are not welcome here!