Microsoft Keynote was a DUD, but oh well! MS is not Toshiba - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-06-2008, 10:51 PM

Default Microsoft Keynote was a DUD, but oh well! MS is not Toshiba

I am sure that MS, Toshiba, Universal, and Paramount are working out a plan of attack.

we will be made privy to those details in the coming days/weeks, and it should be good news. In the meantime Toshiba has said they are not giving up on HD DVD, and thats all I need to hear!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDT View Post
I am sure that MS, Toshiba, Universal, and Paramount are working out a plan of attack.

we will be made privy to those details in the coming days/weeks, and it should be good news. In the meantime Toshiba has said they are not giving up on HD DVD, and thats all I need to hear!
Right. But I could really run mad on those glumpsy, whimsical guys stalking around here.

With those guys in mind I really think the question shouldn't be "HD-DVD at the end?" but "Human kind at the end?"<:-|

Have we all lost our nature of patience?
Old 01-06-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:

Based on their past performance and the recent comments, I'm confident they know they have the superior product.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:26 PM

I think as long as if tomorrow at the BDA press conference, the head of Universal and/or Paramount don't walk onstage, we're good for at least a couple months. I think the real time of unsurity after tomorrow will occur starting June 1. Paramount and Universal may want to milk this till the end of Warner being with HD, and then milk everyone over who wants to rebuy everything in blu.

I'd kill to hear something that will turn this all around, but it's looking less and less so as time goes on. I can only hope I at least get Justice League New Frontier and Beowulf on HD before something happens, because I'll definitely be cutting back on hd movies if/when HD goes under.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:

Why couldn't you continue the Keynote discussion in the other thread that you created? I'm looking at the first page of this forum and all I see is Microsoft topics...
Old 01-07-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
I can only hope I at least get Justice League New Frontier and Beowulf on HD before something happens, because I'll definitely be cutting back on hd movies if/when HD goes under.
I'm most likely gonna be canceling my preorder of Justice League. Not giving up on HD completely but sure as hell not giving that money to Warner.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzparentl View Post
I'm most likely gonna be canceling my preorder of Justice League. Not giving up on HD completely but sure as hell not giving that money to Warner.
If need be I'll buy a copy used, but the big reason why I want it is also why I'm pissed they're leaving: combo disc. I don't have the movie on regular dvd, and I'm sure as shit not going to buy a dvd and blu-ray version on the same purchase for nearly 2x as much just to get the equivalent.