Paramount/Dreamworks HD DVD Request (Artwork) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-06-2008, 06:33 PM

Lightbulb Paramount/Dreamworks HD DVD Request (artwork provided)

As an avid fan of these Paramount/Dreamworks titles I'd like to see them in the near future in full 1080p High Definition... don't we all?

I have even provided a custom fan artwork to show my passion.

What you guys think?????

Last edited by lee09; 01-06-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee09 View Post
As an avid fan of these Paramount/Dreamworks titles I'd like to see them in the near future in full 1080p High Definition... don't we all?

I have even provided a custom fan artwork to show my passion.

Would be great (especially Shrek2) but isn't War Of The Worlds a Warner title (wouldn't be a problem as this is one of the most boring and overhyped movies to me.)
Old 01-06-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
... but isn't War Of The Worlds a Warner title
Nope, WotW is a Paramount Pictures film. Not Warners.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Would be great (especially Shrek2) but isn't War Of The Worlds a Warner title (wouldn't be a problem as this is one of the most boring and overhyped movies to me.)
Nope War of the Worlds is a Paramount/Dreamworks movie.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:51 PM

Sorry, but you'll not be seeing War of the Worlds or Saving Private Ryan on HD-DVD. Regardless of what studio they are from, they are Spielberg movies and he has a special clause that allows him to release his movies on whatever format he desires. And it just so happens that he prefers Blu-ray.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeStar View Post
Sorry, but you'll not be seeing War of the Worlds or Saving Private Ryan on HD-DVD. Regardless of what studio they are from, they are Spielberg movies and he has a special clause that allows him to release his movies on whatever format he desires. And it just so happens that he prefers Blu-ray.
Whether he chooses Blu-ray or not, the lead owner of these movies are the actual studios themselves, they have every property and every rights to their film library. Im pretty sure is Paramount's decision, even so it is Speilberg's film creation, I doubt Paramount would want to draw back from releasing these highly anticapted titles to HD. It looks like they have to give in some $ at Spielberg in order for him to fall in the HD DVD deal.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeStar View Post
Does he? Really not sure about this. I think he won't release movies on either of the both formats.

He is just a selfish idiot however who don't care for fans and hasn't landed a big blockbusters for years to come now. So I wouldn't be too sad in not seeing any Spielberg movies.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:59 PM

Very nice!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpp View Post
Very nice!!!

Thanks man! I do happen to like the artwork as well. I had to send it to Paramount.

They MUST release those titles.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Does he? Really not sure about this. I think he won't release movies on either of the both formats.

He is just a selfish idiot however who don't care for fans and hasn't landed a big blockbusters for years to come now. So I wouldn't be too sad in not seeing any Spielberg movies.
I looked up where I read about Spielberg, from this very site no less. I am not allowed to post URLs since I don't have enough posts yet, but if you just type Spielberg into this sites search bar, you should easily find the article. It specifically says that War of the Worlds and Saving Private Ryan are exempt from the Dreamworks HD-DVD exclusivity contract. He can release them for whomever he wants.