What sucks inst the fact that Warner went BD exclusive.... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-06-2008, 04:55 PM

Unhappy What sucks inst the fact that Warner went BD exclusive....

...But more of the fact that HD DVD came SOOOO close to winning this war. I mean Warner loves HD DVD and really isnt the bad guy. The apparent story shows that they wanted HD DVD to win this.
WARNER PERFERED YOUR SIDE PERSONALLY!!
Its bittersweet.
You can almost feel it in your gut...
One week ago,, the path was set for Warner and tag-a-long Fox to go HD exclusive. Its about to happen and win the format war... And then Fox takes a bribe and tumbles at the finish line bringing Warner down and forcing them to go with the non-perfered platform.

I mean...you can always buy the BD player,, but the feeling you get from the fact that your support was about to pay off and you were on the perfered side,, then your dreams are shattered..
Its just painful.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
...But more of the fact that HD DVD came SOOOO close to winning this war. I mean Warner loves HD DVD and really isnt the bad guy. The apparent story shows that they wanted HD DVD to win this.
WARNER PERFERED YOUR SIDE PERSONALLY!!
Its bittersweet.
You can almost feel it in your gut...
One week ago,, the path was set for Warner and tag-a-long Fox to go HD exclusive. Its about to happen and win the format war... And then Fox takes a bribe and tumbles at the finish line bringing Warner down and forcing them to go with the non-perfered platform.

I mean...you can always buy the BD player,, but the feeling you get from the fact that your support was about to pay off and you were on the perfered side,, then your dreams are shattered..
Its just painful.
Warner wasn't supporting HD-DVD overall. They began their "traitors-plan" long ago in releasing false infos about Total-HD a format which I'd like to put a lawsuit on Warner just to show that there exists nothing but a little Superman boxart.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:12 PM

I still dont understand why they felt they "had to go Blu". They wanted to end the war so that the rest of america would jump on the HDM train before downloads took over.

sure going Blu ends the war FASTER. but going Red would of ended the war too, just would of took flipping another studio neutral (Disney maybe) and a good sale on the Toshiba HD-A3 for like 119.99 they would fly off the shelves. HD DVD would have won!! Plus if MS did add HD DVD to a version of the 360, game over sony.

Now they have Blu set up for a probable victory but what does that really do for HDM? I think they chose wrong. Blu-ray is TOO EXPENSIVE to go mainstream IMO. people dont want to pay 400$ for a game system to play their movies. Its to expensive to go widespread.

HD DVD has the price to get it into nearly every home with an HDTV. Blu-ray, not so much.

Warner made this decision at the very last moment due to the stress of the fox fall out. they should of waited and announced later.

They made a mistake, period.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDT View Post
I still dont understand why they felt they "had to go Blu". They wanted to end the war so that the rest of america would jump on the HDM train before downloads took over.

sure going Blu ends the war FASTER. but going Red would of ended the war too, just would of took flipping another studio neutral (Disney maybe) and a good sale on the Toshiba HD-A3 for like 119.99 they would fly off the shelves. HD DVD would have won!! Plus if MS did add HD DVD to a version of the 360, game over sony.

Now they have Blu set up for a probable victory but what does that really do for HDM? I think they chose wrong. Blu-ray is TOO EXPENSIVE to go mainstream IMO. people dont want to pay 400$ for a game system to play their movies. Its to expensive to go widespread.

HD DVD has the price to get it into nearly every home with an HDTV. Blu-ray, not so much.

Warner made this decision at the very last moment due to the stress of the fox fall out. they should of waited and announced later.

They made a mistake, period.

Short answer: Money.

And about the price: I agree. My father wouldn't buy a Blu-Ray player but I nearly had him to buy a HD-DVD player.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:16 PM

I feel like such a douchebag because of the fact that this is making me feel so sad inside

It's just a media format... Why am I attached to a media format?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
I feel like such a douchebag because of the fact that this is making me feel so sad inside

It's just a media format... Why am I attached to a media format?
I felt sad too for the first day and a half. I would look at my Toshiba HD DVD player and feel sad. more for Toshiba whom I love then for myself (which is wierd)..

But then I sat down and I watched Jet Li's Fearless (OMG one of the best HD DVDs ever btw get it if you dont have it, its 10/10) and it was so perfect. I couldnt help but feel happy with my purchase and the product.

I will support it to the end. Im going to buy all the HD DVDs I want like there is no tomorrow, "If this is to be our end, then I would make such an end worthy of remembrance"
theres no need to be sad. be happy you have made the smartest choice in which HD Format to support.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:20 PM

quick question but who confirmed that Fox was considering a switch? I have heard multiple people say this but have never seen a link to confirm it.Was this insider info?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSmalls84 View Post
quick question but who confirmed that Fox was considering a switch? I have heard multiple people say this but have never seen a link to confirm it.Was this insider info?
Insider info posted by multiple sources. Fox/BDA would not admit it but it seems legit to me.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Warner got played by FoX plain and simple. I truly believe the BDA and FoX set this whole thing up to where it looked like HD DVD would look stupid at CES... and they succeeded when they postponed their show. The BDA was the better poker player in this war. Paramount was the "turn" in HD DVDs favor but Warner was the "river" that decided the winner.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
Warner got played by FoX plain and simple. I truly believe the BDA and FoX set this whole thing up to where it looked like HD DVD would look stupid at CES... and they succeeded when they postponed their show. The BDA was the better poker player in this war. Paramount was the "turn" in HD DVDs favor but Warner was the "river" that decided the winner.
There wasn't a river ending this until now.

Man it's only one (1) studio so what makes it better than the rest?

Some of your sentences are really depressing.