Web Content / Log In etc. - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-06-2008, 03:21 AM
Maxx_75's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,918
Default Web Content / Log In etc.

So lets talk about Log In accounts. I have only messed around a little bit with this feature but this is what I am experiencing and wanted your thoughts. I am starting from a clean slate since I always initialise my players after firmware updates.

1. I need to pull down my info from the servers seperatly for both of my Universal titles, "Knocked Up" and "Bourne Ultimatum". This seems silly.

2. My Paramount disk "Transformers" needed a new and different account set up with them even though the keyboard, screens, etc. looked exactly the same.

3. The Paramount disk "Transformers" allows you to access all the content without creating an account nor logging into it. I suppose in order to use the upcomming scean sharing function you would have to log in.

4. The Universal titles wont let you access anything unless you have an account and are logged in.

Thoughts ?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Kappy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_75 View Post
So lets talk about Log In accounts. I have only messed around a little bit with this feature but this is what I am experiencing and wanted your thoughts. I am starting from a clean slate since I always initialise my players after firmware updates.

1. I need to pull down my info from the servers seperatly for both of my Universal titles, "Knocked Up" and "Bourne Ultimatum". This seems silly.
I would prefer that once you create the account on 1 disc, it would save that info differently. It appears that it does save the info, but separately in each discs file in the player memory. I have been able to login from a previously viewed disc without having to go through the sign up process. I haven't checked, but I think the save files are deleted after you initialize the player, creating the need to re-sign up afterwards.

Quote:
2. My Paramount disk "Transformers" needed a new and different account set up with them even though the keyboard, screens, etc. looked exactly the same.
Different studios, different servers to log into, separate accounts.

Quote:
3. The Paramount disk "Transformers" allows you to access all the content without creating an account nor logging into it. I suppose in order to use the upcomming scean sharing function you would have to log in.

4. The Universal titles wont let you access anything unless you have an account and are logged in.

Thoughts ?
Only thing I can attribute this to is, again, different studios, different way of doing things
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Log Horizon 2: Collection 2 on Blu-ray July 26 mattedscreen Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 03-29-2016 03:13 PM
'Eden Log' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 17 07-06-2009 02:52 PM
Eden Log aka WTF Just Happened!? Kiamat Blu-ray Software General Discussion 0 05-19-2009 08:09 PM
'Eden Log' -- pre-release thread PeterB Blu-ray Software General Discussion 1 04-09-2009 11:43 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off