HD DVD Fans: lets not give up hope just yet! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 07:39 PM

Default HD DVD Fans: lets not give up hope just yet!

cantslowdownptwn is right!!

its not over. we have Universal, Paramount, Dreamworks still churning out great movies and Warner till May! Alot can happen before may. Maybe Microsoft will wake up and realize that they have to come alot stronger and they will plump down a ton of money for Warner/fox to change their mind. WE DONT KNOW YET.

I know we are all feeling down but lets wait for Toshiba, Microsoft, Universal, paramount, ETC to respond and then go from there. Dont stop buying the movies you want on HD they will still play and look great!

HD DVD has been the underdog since the release of the PS3, We have trusted Toshiba since day one and they have not let us down. lets let them respond before we make judgement.

Microsoft Keynote is live online at http://www.microsoft.com/CES tomorrow at 6:30pm PST. thats a start.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDT View Post
cantslowdownptwn is right!!

its not over. we have Universal, Paramount, Dreamworks still churning out great movies and Warner till May! Alot can happen before may. Maybe Microsoft will wake up and realize that they have to come alot stronger and they will plump down a ton of money for Warner/fox to change their mind. WE DONT KNOW YET.

I know we are all feeling down but lets wait for Toshiba, Microsoft, Universal, paramount, ETC to respond and then go from there. Dont stop buying the movies you want on HD they will still play and look great!

HD DVD has been the underdog since the release of the PS3, We have trusted Toshiba since day one and they have not let us down. lets let them respond before we make judgement.

Microsoft Keynote is live online at http://www.microsoft.com/CES tomorrow at 6:30pm PST. thats a start.
Either you are changing your mind every full hour or I misstake you for some other guy on this forums but didn't you say HD-DVD would be dead and no one could save it?
Old 01-05-2008, 07:42 PM
O_o

I agree with the wait and see approach, CES is one day away. It's not like your HD DVDs will explode or turn to dust. I'm just waiting for the HD DVD Promotional Group to announce their intent for 2008.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
Either you are changing your mind every full hour or I misstake you for some other guy on this forums but didn't you say HD-DVD would be dead and no one could save it?
No I never said that. I have never posted that HD DVD was dead.

Ill admit I was feeling down and that I was crying foul about warners betrayal but then I read cantslowdownptwn post about being ashamed and he is right. His post was just what I needed to get my head back on.

I realize that I should be waiting for Toshiba to respond before making judgments. so I figured I would post this to help other upset HD DVD fans realize as well.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:48 PM

Sorry then. Was someone other then (There are far to much guys with a HD-DVD avatar in here and most of them aren't even HD-DVD owners anymore.)
Old 01-05-2008, 07:49 PM

I agree, there is no reason to jump overboard like rats on a sinking ship. We need to see what statements come out of the supporting companies, especially Universal and Paramount. If they come out strong, then I will stay fully committed to HD DVD (and despite the panic, if they maintain their support, then HD DVD will still not be out of the game - all they need to do is keep it around until dual format players become viable and then offer HD DVD playback as a value add on economic systems, in fact there may be strategies which can put HD DVD back into a position of power long term). I think we will be able to get a reading in the short term from the committed parties.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDT View Post
No I never said that. I have never posted that HD DVD was dead.

Ill admit I was feeling down and that I was crying foul about warners betrayal but then I read cantslowdownptwn post about being ashamed and he is right. His post was just what I needed to get my head back on.

I realize that I should be waiting for Toshiba to respond before making judgments. so I figured I would post this to help other upset HD DVD fans realize as well.
thanks dude
Old 01-05-2008, 07:53 PM

I really makes me mad, I see tons of threads about people selling movies bcuz of this.
Im staying HD DVD only for atleast 6 more months.
The only way i would get a BD player is if Uni gave up on HD DVD.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:56 PM

exactly. we are all shocked and uspet by WB's decision.
all Im saying is lets let Microsoft and Toshiba respond before jumping off the ship.

if they come out and say well we tried sorry guys then we know, but if they come strong we will have reason to keep fighting.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:56 PM

I agree, no need to throw in the towel, although I am not against BD, I would rather HD win since I already have it.

Does anyone know if the WB news is even sealed w/ a contract or anything? Could it possibly be reversed.