Question about the Xbox 360 HD-DVD remote (for those who have it)... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 05:04 PM

Default Question about the Xbox 360 HD-DVD remote (for those who have it)...

I wasn't really sure where to post this, and I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

I have two remotes for my 360: The Universal remote, and the HD-DVD Remote. Well I lost the HD-DVD remote, and forgot what buttons correspond to which letters.

They are the same remote essentially, but the Universal one doesn't have the A, B, C, and D keys listed. Instead it has "Guide" under the Y Button, and "Live TV" under the B button.

I was wondering what keys correspond to which letter:

X Button = C
Y Button = ?
A Button = ?
B Button = ?

Sorry if this doesn't make a whole lot of sense...I'm quite tired and can't comprehend a lot of things

Thank you in advance for any helpful advice
Old 01-05-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
I wasn't really sure where to post this, and I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

I have two remotes for my 360: The Universal remote, and the HD-DVD Remote. Well I lost the HD-DVD remote, and forgot what buttons correspond to which letters.

They are the same remote essentially, but the Universal one doesn't have the A, B, C, and D keys listed. Instead it has "Guide" under the Y Button, and "Live TV" under the B button.

I was wondering what keys correspond to which letter:

X Button = C
Y Button = ?
A Button = ?
B Button = ?

Sorry if this doesn't make a whole lot of sense...I'm quite tired and can't comprehend a lot of things

Thank you in advance for any helpful advice
I hope this helps

X Button = C
Y Button = D
A Button = A
B Button = B
Old 01-05-2008, 05:10 PM

Y=d, A=a, B=b
Old 01-05-2008, 05:11 PM

Ah, thank you very much, both of you
Old 01-05-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Ah, thank you very much, both of you
Oh gosh. Good to see there are still people left who enjoy HD-DVD and don't dump their hardware that shortly after the Warner news.

BTW: I do have a remote question too. I never could get the Microsoft HD-DVD remote to work on my PC. Anyone knows which adapter (USB) I'd need?

BTW: I like your avatar. A cute little Yoshi this is
Old 01-05-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
Oh gosh. Good to see there are still people left who enjoy HD-DVD and don't dump their hardware that shortly after the Warner news.
You'r right

I can enjoy my player again too. I'm just watching "2001"
Old 01-05-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopex View Post
You'r right

I can enjoy my player again too. I'm just watching "2001"
Lucky you. I was last enjoying my player in February 2007 (my 18th birthday.) after that I hadn't really the money nor the special equipment to work it out properly (17" CRT screen and a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ aren't the best things to enjoy movies.) But now finally I'll buy some new ones in the next month too as I get my new Processor (A Socket AM2 Dual Core processor: The AMD Athlon FX-62 2,8GHZ) and a Barco Graphics 1208 projector with a 1080i resolution that is sharper than most of the 1080p TVs. (it can do 1080p too however but slightly smeary if you don't use HD144/145 lenses instead of the default HD8 lenses.)
Old 01-05-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:

BTW: I do have a remote question too. I never could get the Microsoft HD-DVD remote to work on my PC. Anyone knows which adapter (USB) I'd need?

BTW: I like your avatar. A cute little Yoshi this is
Yeah, of course. I would never throw my HD-DVD player away, nor would I throw away my discs. Just because it looks like it lost the format war doesn't mean I will throw it all away.

Granted, I am purple, but I have to pay my respects to the format that I think should've won, and the one that broke High-Definition territory

I don't have an answer to your remote question, sorry

Thank you, lol. It's an avatar I've been using everywhere I post
Old 01-05-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah, of course. I would never throw my HD-DVD player away, nor would I throw away my discs. Just because it looks like it lost the format war doesn't mean I will throw it all away.

Granted, I am purple, but I have to pay my respects to the format that I think should've won, and the one that broke High-Definition territory

I don't have an answer to your remote question, sorry

Thank you, lol. It's an avatar I've been using everywhere I post
Always remember this line you wrote there

Just because something looks like it's lost doesn't mean it's lost.

A Tiger is fighting with even more brutality if his back is turned in direction of the wall.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Lucky you. I was last enjoying my player in February 2007 (my 18th birthday.) after that I hadn't really the money nor the special equipment to work it out properly (17" CRT screen and a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ aren't the best things to enjoy movies.) But now finally I'll buy some new ones in the next month too as I get my new Processor (A Socket AM2 Dual Core processor: The AMD Athlon FX-62 2,8GHZ) and a Barco Graphics 1208 projector with a 1080i resolution that is sharper than most of the 1080p TVs. (it can do 1080p too however but slightly smeary if you don't use HD144/145 lenses instead of the default HD8 lenses.)
I don't know this projector, but it sounds really good . I hope you can then really enjoy your movies