i am so ashamed of you guys - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 10:29 AM

Default i am so ashamed of you guys

man you guys give up quit. so quick to turn your back. maybe what we lost in wb, can be made up with another studio. but it won't happen, if you just sell all your stuff and buy sony. i just threw up in my mouth a little. gayness
Old 01-05-2008, 10:30 AM

maybe you are right. Could Disney turn down $400 million from Toshiba to go neutral? Let's find out!!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:34 AM

omg shut up...I think something people forget is that many of the newer people to HD are there because of recent investments. They say a sudden shift in power and wonder if their investment was worth it. I personally am in a wait and see mode. I will probably stick to SD for a while until a clear direction emerges from HDDVD Promo Group.

THis isn't turning our backs...it's being savvy consumers. I'm not going to waste my money on more HD until I understand where they are going. That said I'll never go Blu...I'll just upconvert if it comes to it. I detest Sony and anything they are involved in. I know people will whine it's about the movies not the format and for the most part that is true but I'm also not one to bend over and take it.

So get off peoples backs. Let them do what they will...they may find themselves asses in the morning...or they may be right.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anevilweasel View Post
THis isn't turning our backs...it's being savvy consumers. I'm not going to waste my money on more HD until I understand where they are going. That said I'll never go Blu...I'll just upconvert if it comes to it. I detest Sony and anything they are involved in. I know people will whine it's about the movies not the format and for the most part that is true but I'm also not one to bend over and take it.
Whoa! What's this? Someone with their head above the sand?!? It can't be!

I can't stand Sony. Dumbass proprietary formats.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:43 AM

Actually, my first reaction - which I'm still mulling over - was to put my Blu-ray player & titles on eBay, say "Screw You Blu!", enjoy my HD DVD and VOD, Download, etc. for the rest and wait for the inevitable big next thing.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:47 AM

well, m not changing what im doing... i might go neutral in the next year because of this but i will still be buying as many hd dvd titles as i have been until now

really now... my player and movies will work forever , so will yours

im suprised that this is causing such turmoil around here, its a big announcement and unexpected, but it doesnt change much.... it might change public perception of hte format war towards blu tho, but they still dont have profile 2.0 players or finished spec for that matter ..
Old 01-05-2008, 10:48 AM

Are you kidding me!!!!!?
If Toshiba had anything they would not have cancelled their press confrence for Saturday. they were planning on coming out and talking about the same crap, "interactive features". There was no big news. You cant win a war unless you bring out the big guns whenever possible.
As much as I hate to say it, it's over. Universal is next then Paramount.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-sane View Post
well, m not changing what im doing... i might go neutral in the next year because of this but i will still be buying as many hd dvd titles as i have been until now

really now... my player and movies will work forever , so will yours

im suprised that this is causing such turmoil around here, its a big announcement and unexpected, but it doesnt change much.... it might change public perception of hte format war towards blu tho, but they still dont have profile 2.0 players or finished spec for that matter ..
Can you enlighten me on "profile 2.0/ finished spec". I've been hearing that a lot, and not quite sure what that means. I'm definitely not ditching my HD DVD's and player and running out to buy a BD player, but if there's no movies coming out next year on HD DVD, what should I look for in a BD player (if it comes to that). Sorry, watching movies in hi-def, and then going back to standard def is like going back to dial-up from broadband. I hope HD DVD sticks it out somehow for a few years.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:53 AM

I can't afford to invest more in HD DVD -- as much as I love my 50 HD DVDs, I can't help but think of them as obsolete (I'll still enjoy them, though). I also can't afford a BD player at the current prices, which means I'm off to SD land for now.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust View Post
Are you kidding me!!!!!?
If Toshiba had anything they would not have cancelled their press confrence for Saturday. they were planning on coming out and talking about the same crap, "interactive features". There was no big news. You cant win a war unless you bring out the big guns whenever possible.
As much as I hate to say it, it's over. Universal is next then Paramount.
Is it so hard to understand the difference between posponing and canceling? They canceled nothing but posponed the conference for one or two days further.