5 free HD DVD's mail-in offer... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 03:33 AM

Default 5 free HD DVD's mail-in offer...

OK, so will Toshiba honor their 5 free mail-in offer? I have a feeling HD DVD is going to die within the next 6 months. I have also heard that it takes them forever to ship the freebies. I have not sent in my rebate yet. I got my player in early November and now I really wish I had already sent in the rebate.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
OK, so will Toshiba honor their 5 free mail-in offer? I have a feeling HD DVD is going to die within the next 6 months. I have also heard that it takes them forever to ship the freebies. I have not sent in my rebate yet. I got my player in early November and now I really wish I had already sent in the rebate.

Come on guys. Stop this ridiculous feelings. Think positive and support HD-DVD instead of sending it to hell. This way the HD-DVD will last much longer than 6 months.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:47 AM

send it off, get your movies and then watch them. they are free! free things rule!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
Come on guys. Stop this ridiculous feelings. Think positive and support HD-DVD instead of sending it to hell. This way the HD-DVD will last much longer than 6 months.
Dude, the only studio I care about just ditched HD DVD. Why the hell should I care about HD DVD at this point? I will continue to enjoy my HD DVD player and HD DVD movies, but probably the only HD DVD I'll buy in the future is Zodiac. Batman Begins is great on HD DVD and I will continue to watch it. But The Dark Knight will be a Blu-ray release so it looks like I will be getting a Blu-ray player sometime in the future, probably in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayshift View Post
send it off, get your movies and then watch them. they are free! free things rule!
Oh I will definitely be sending the rebate. I'm just nervous now that I won't actually be getting my free movies if HD DVD goes belly-up by the time they finally get around to shipping them.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Dude, the only studio I care about just ditched HD DVD. Why the hell should I care about HD DVD at this point? I will continue to enjoy my HD DVD player and HD DVD movies, but probably the only HD DVD I'll buy in the future is Zodiac. Batman Begins is great on HD DVD and I will continue to watch it. But The Dark Knight will be a Blu-ray release so it looks like I will be getting a Blu-ray player sometime in the future, probably in the near future.
Maybe they would come back. But if everyone is just weeping nothing will happen in this direction.

And why is Dark Knight a Blu-Ray release? Isn't it getting released before June?

And yeah. I wouldn't send them in. HD-DVD will certainly kick the bucket in the next few hours *sarkasm.

Man. Get realistic. It would take it's certain time till the HD-DVD is canceled.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
Maybe they would come back. But if everyone is just weeping nothing will happen in this direction.

And why is Dark Knight a Blu-Ray release? Isn't it getting released before June?

And yeah. I wouldn't send them in. HD-DVD will certainly kick the bucket in the next few hours *sarkasm.

Man. Get realistic. It would take it's certain time till the HD-DVD is canceled.
The Dark Knight comes out in THEATERS July 18, 2008. It comes out on home video sometime in November or December 2008. So yeah, it will likely be a Blu-ray release unless a miracle happens for HD DVD.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:00 AM

Quote:
hey if your unsure about sending in your rebate, just send it to me.
why even ask this question. just send the rebate in. do you not want free movies? i don't understand people at all.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manetoys View Post
hey if your unsure about sending in your rebate, just send it to me.
why even ask this question. just send the rebate in. do you not want free movies? i don't understand people at all.
Read the effing question again. I did not ask, "Should I send in my rebate?" I am going to send it in regardless. My question is whether they will honor it if HD DVD dies at some point in the near future. My guess is they won't. I just hope that they can hold out for another 6-8 months and I should be able to get my movies by then.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

I can't believe you waited this long. I sent mine out the next day just because I knew there was a good chance I'd be waiting 5 months until I got them and I didn't want to waste any time receiving them. BTW, it only took me 2 months to receive my discs.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
I can't believe you waited this long. I sent mine out the next day just because I knew there was a good chance I'd be waiting 5 months until I got them and I didn't want to waste any time receiving them. BTW, it only took me 2 months to receive my discs.
Well the offer was good for players bought between October and March if I remember right. I just haven't gotten around to it. I have cut out the UPC but that's as far as I have gotten.