Should I return my unopened hd dvds? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 02:24 AM

Default Should I return my unopened hd dvds?

I would hate to jump ship especially now, but since the 4 harry potter movies I just received from amazon's B1G1 from last week came today the thought came to me--there is now no way I'll be able to complete this series unless I end up going Blu and they always seem to be having those kinds of sales so maybe it would be better to just get the whole series in bluray later? I'm also thinking of bringing back the kubrick movies i got from the best buy sale as well. what would you all do? I personally think I would rather never go Blu since the way this whole thing has played out makes me sick. Hopefully dual format players will come down in price so I'll have something to play these things on when my xbox attachment inevitably breaks.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:29 AM

The Harry Potter movies are all 1080p and Dolby TrueHD lossles audio.........

Is there a standard that beats that????

If there is return them by all means......

Until then don't even sweat it, You made an investment that is top of the line, playing it on a SONY machine ain't gonna make it different from a TOSHIBA machine.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney7 View Post
The Harry Potter movies are all 1080p and Dolby TrueHD lossles audio.........

Is there a standard that beats that????

If there is return them by all means......

Until then don't even sweat it, You made an investment that is top of the line, playing it on a SONY machine ain't gonna make it different from a TOSHIBA machine.
Exactly. I don't know why so many people want to exchange their HD-DVDs for Blu-Rays.

Did the Blu-Guys do the same when Paramount/Universal changed sides?
Old 01-05-2008, 02:35 AM

thanks you bring up a good point. i guess my issue with those movies is that the last few will never be put out on hd dvd. if i end up going blu later and buy the last few sure they wont look all nice together on the shelf but i don't care all that much about that (well i realize in the big scheme of things its not that important). But I just hope that if my hd dvd player (the 360 attachment) breaks at a later time there will be something I can replace it with later that I can play my movies on which won't happen if bluray becomes the standard
Old 01-05-2008, 02:39 AM

My tip:

Just wait till some months turned into the world.

Warner is still supporting HD-DVD till June 2008. And who knows what's after it?
Old 01-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

I would return them since you can. It would drive me crazy if my HPs were divided between HD DVD and BD. Plus, if you do it now you can pick up the BD versions from Blu's BOGO sale.

just my 2
Old 01-05-2008, 02:46 AM

Return them, return them all.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:49 AM

Shout up you dumb Blu-Guys or Ex-HD-DVD guys.

Why do you all have to crawl on the whole day spreading salt into the wounds and telling bad advice?

To the OP: As I remember one or two of the Harry Potters do even have more supplements on the HD-DVD. So there's really no need to hesitate in selling them.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:04 AM

selling them? you mean i should keep them right?
Old 01-05-2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyk View Post
selling them? you mean i should keep them right?
Yeah. Meant that. Maybe I wrote a little confusing. Just a little early today and I didn't get sleep.