I Feel Dirty.... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 12:27 AM

Default I Feel Dirty....

After the big announcement today with.....well you know.....lol

I actually went out and bought a blu-ray player. Now I must say that I am proud owner of an HD-DVD player as well. So I guess like many I have become format neutral. Honestly what I have seen so far (which isn't much) I am still prefering HD over BD.

Having said all of this I didn't jump ship on the HD, I still plan on buying my new releases, exclusives, and if movies are on both formats, it will probably be HD unless the BD offers a better experience. I didn't make this purchase out of desperation or fear that my beloved format is down the drain. I simply made this purchase b/c like many I am just tired of this stupid war. Provided that the competition has fueled many great deals and offers to take advantage of, it still is frustrating. For me I am just tired of missing out on movies b/c one studio sides with a company. If WB goes back to Hd tomorrow I still wouldn't regret my purchase. Screw it I guess....lol Now at least with purple I won't have to be punished b/c of what format I choose.

So long live the hd-dvd!!! I will be purple from here on out. Good luck to everyone else, I hope that you make whatever decision is right for you.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:34 AM

That's why I'm glad I was neutral from the beginning.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:37 AM

You're tired of this war and yet you decided to contribute more to it by now supporting both sides?

Don't make sense to me but hey, enjoy it
Old 01-05-2008, 12:43 AM

Like I said I just don't see the sense in missing out on movies that I love. I honestly don't like having two formats, but what can you do? I am not in this for the formats....personally I like HD better, but the whole point of all of this is to enjoy your movies in High Def. At this point the only way to be able to enjoy all of the titles is to own both. So here I am.

I could be all about the fanboy-isms, but what's the point really? I just wanna watch Transformers and Spiderman in High Def....so sue me....lol
Old 01-05-2008, 12:56 AM

hey if i had the the cash now i would be purple but i don't.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by posthumanguy View Post
Like I said I just don't see the sense in missing out on movies that I love. I honestly don't like having two formats, but what can you do? I am not in this for the formats....personally I like HD better, but the whole point of all of this is to enjoy your movies in High Def. At this point the only way to be able to enjoy all of the titles is to own both. So here I am.

I could be all about the fanboy-isms, but what's the point really? I just wanna watch Transformers and Spiderman in High Def....so sue me....lol
Welcome Purple Movie Lover!

Apocalypto is pretty good eye candy and not bad of a movie and now you can probably rent locally first, FYI. Peace.

Last edited by HDM-GHANDI; 01-05-2008 at 01:30 AM. Reason: add