Bye Bye HD DVD, its been fun! - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:15 AM
SweetBrownsugar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,335
Default Bye Bye HD DVD, its been fun!

The buyer just picked up my entire collection of 50 HD DVDs and the toshiba A3. I made out pretty good, got about 85% back of what I spent. Now its time to get a PS3 tommorow

I will miss the Bourne Ult and Transformers, I really will.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:18 AM
HKMOVIESAREBEST's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 773
Default

Congrats on doing exactly what Sony wanted you to do. Good job!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 514
Default

That was such a stupid move!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:39 AM
King Benny's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 45
Default

Agreed. Should have just gone purple and enjoy all the movies right now! You might be going Blu now but you may be waiting a long time before you can get all the available titles that are still exclusive to HD DVD.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-05-2008, 01:12 AM
SweetBrownsugar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKMOVIESAREBEST View Post
Congrats on doing exactly what Sony wanted you to do. Good job!
I want to watch HD movies, I have no choice but to go Blu-ray. Why spend money on a dying format? I know all you say you can watch the movies you have now, which is true...but its just me, its pointless to waste money in a dying format.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-05-2008, 01:15 AM
BlkM383's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBrownsugar View Post
I want to watch HD movies, I have no choice but to go Blu-ray. Why spend money on a dying format? I know all you say you can watch the movies you have now, which is true...but its just me, its pointless to waste money in a dying format.
Agreed, its time to start selling some of my HD Movies...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-05-2008, 01:16 AM
mdale13's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBrownsugar View Post
I want to watch HD movies, I have no choice but to go Blu-ray. Why spend money on a dying format? I know all you say you can watch the movies you have now, which is true...but its just me, its pointless to waste money in a dying format.
Because the movies will still work, even if the formats gone, thats why. transformers wont magically stop working 2 years down the road because HD DVD is gone. enjoy the movies you own. who knows how long it will take for some of the better HD DVD exclusives to be released on Blu-ray
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Manetoys's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 186
Default

i agree with the other posters. stupid nonsensical move. it's your stuff, but there was no reason for doing that. now you can give Sony your money for the titles you previously owned on HD DVD...congratulations!

and stop being so damn thread happy...you getting rid of your collection did not need it's own thread. that's what this thread is for. http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=33747
i don't understand why you can't grasp this simple concept.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-05-2008, 01:20 AM
MrE's Avatar
MrE MrE is offline
Formerly MrENGLISH
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdale13 View Post
Because the movies will still work, even if the formats gone, thats why. transformers wont magically stop working 2 years down the road because HD DVD is gone. enjoy the movies you own. who knows how long it will take for some of the better HD DVD exclusives to be released on Blu-ray
I agree. I'm planning to keep my HD DVDs until I can replace every title with its BD counterpart. I wont even part with 300 until they release a BD version with the Blue Screen PiP added to it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-05-2008, 01:23 AM
MrE's Avatar
MrE MrE is offline
Formerly MrENGLISH
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manetoys View Post
and stop being so damn thread happy...
lol he does have a post-to-thread ratio of about 3:1 last time I checked... way too high!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Circuit City says bye bye to HD DVD HW? kali High Definition Smackdown 38 01-28-2008 01:36 PM
Bookmarks Go Bye Bye (Help?) illegalprelude The Water Cooler 0 08-25-2007 04:49 PM
bye,bye UNIVERSAL, and may be HD-DVD. hddvdfanatic High Definition Smackdown 42 05-23-2007 02:30 AM
bye bye T2 and other french imports.... nickelplayer HD DVD Software General Discussion 69 04-09-2007 07:11 AM
Bye Bye Windows. nelll The Water Cooler 31 03-22-2007 12:43 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off