Bye Bye HD DVD, its been fun! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 12:15 AM

Default Bye Bye HD DVD, its been fun!

The buyer just picked up my entire collection of 50 HD DVDs and the toshiba A3. I made out pretty good, got about 85% back of what I spent. Now its time to get a PS3 tommorow

I will miss the Bourne Ult and Transformers, I really will.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:18 AM

Congrats on doing exactly what Sony wanted you to do. Good job!
Old 01-05-2008, 12:20 AM

That was such a stupid move!
Old 01-05-2008, 12:39 AM

Agreed. Should have just gone purple and enjoy all the movies right now! You might be going Blu now but you may be waiting a long time before you can get all the available titles that are still exclusive to HD DVD.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKMOVIESAREBEST View Post
Congrats on doing exactly what Sony wanted you to do. Good job!
I want to watch HD movies, I have no choice but to go Blu-ray. Why spend money on a dying format? I know all you say you can watch the movies you have now, which is true...but its just me, its pointless to waste money in a dying format.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBrownsugar View Post
I want to watch HD movies, I have no choice but to go Blu-ray. Why spend money on a dying format? I know all you say you can watch the movies you have now, which is true...but its just me, its pointless to waste money in a dying format.
Agreed, its time to start selling some of my HD Movies...
Old 01-05-2008, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBrownsugar View Post
Because the movies will still work, even if the formats gone, thats why. transformers wont magically stop working 2 years down the road because HD DVD is gone. enjoy the movies you own. who knows how long it will take for some of the better HD DVD exclusives to be released on Blu-ray
Old 01-05-2008, 01:18 AM

i agree with the other posters. stupid nonsensical move. it's your stuff, but there was no reason for doing that. now you can give Sony your money for the titles you previously owned on HD DVD...congratulations!

and stop being so damn thread happy...you getting rid of your collection did not need it's own thread. that's what this thread is for. http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=33747
i don't understand why you can't grasp this simple concept.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:20 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdale13 View Post
Because the movies will still work, even if the formats gone, thats why. transformers wont magically stop working 2 years down the road because HD DVD is gone. enjoy the movies you own. who knows how long it will take for some of the better HD DVD exclusives to be released on Blu-ray
I agree. I'm planning to keep my HD DVDs until I can replace every title with its BD counterpart. I wont even part with 300 until they release a BD version with the Blue Screen PiP added to it.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:23 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manetoys View Post
and stop being so damn thread happy...
lol he does have a post-to-thread ratio of about 3:1 last time I checked... way too high!