Don't be stupid... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 12:06 AM

Default Don't be stupid...

Yeah, I'm as "upset" as anyone by the WB news, was really looking forward to some of the future releases like The Dark Knight and such. However, HD DVD isn't dead yet. Yes, we've had our legs cut off at the knees and it's kind of hard to walk right now but so what? Christ, I spent $400 on a player three months ago and have since purchased around 30 or so titles, that doesn't mean I have to stop all future HD DVD purchases. So what if the future isn't looking too good. Maximize your investment people. You bought the player and you've got the movies to enjoy. ENJOY them. You knew the risk when you opened your wallet, as did I. Don't be so foolish as to sell your HD stuff just to turn around and buy it again. How does that make more sense?

Too many of you guys sound like complete idiots for the ranting you're doing. Of course the blu-guys aren't helping at all. They can lick my tasty arse if they think I'm just going to stop enjoying HDM because WB dropped HD DVD. Screw that. I bought into HD, not the format per se. Sure, I thought HD DVD had a good shot at winning this thing, it looks like I may have been wrong about that one. Who gives a shit? I don't. I'm still enjoying a lot of my favorite films NOW in HD and I will continue to do so no matter who wins. If and when I have to get a Blu-ray player I'll do so. I won't buy a Sony though since I'm really not a fan of the company. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy a Panasonic or Samsung or Pioneer or hell, maybe even a Toshiba (with any luck). Quit btching about it. Love HD, not the format. My HD DVD investment is worth it regardless of the outcome.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:14 AM

same here. i bought my player in September.i love it , will always love it.
i still plan to buy
zodiac , the first two Bourne flicks
Beowulf American gangster and many more
i wont be buying anymore wb flicks even if they plan on continuing.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:16 AM

Twojayz AMEN brother!
Old 01-05-2008, 12:19 AM

Really, did everybody forget about Universal or Paramount?

When Universal pulls support, than we can start talking about the "format war" being over.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:21 AM

HD DVD cancelling the press conference for Sunday seems like they're saying "We're F^&#ed"

Bet they wish they upped the offer to Warner.. They should've...
Old 01-05-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
Really, did everybody forget about Universal or Paramount?

When Universal pulls support, than we can start talking about the "format war" being over.
And Dreamworks. And the independent studios.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:25 AM

I just got 4 today, will be buying a few of the WB titles tomorrow from BB, thanks for the B3G2, have Zodiac on order...Yeah, I'll have more than enough to be able to say it wasn't a waste. I'm still looking forward to titles like Gladiator, American Beauty, Shrek 1 & 2, Titanic, Over the Hedge, Shark Tale...I still think it can be a good year for HD DVD, considering the current situation.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:28 AM

Anyone here know how a release like Sweeney Todd would work? It's a WB and Dreamworks deal...damnit. I thought it was pretty damn good and was already looking forward to the release.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:28 AM

The reality is that people still need to support HD. To show Sony and everyone else on the blu side theres still a market for HD. It doesn't help that it seems like a lot of people are selling their HD players and discs to go over to the blu side.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrasMack View Post
HD DVD cancelling the press conference for Sunday seems like they're saying "We're F^&#ed"

Bet they wish they upped the offer to Warner.. They should've...
Not really. It's like getting the shit scared out of you by your older brother. You need to take a minute to gather yourself and plan before going psycho on his ass.