Not going Blu. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-04-2008, 11:41 PM

Default Not going Blu.

With today's events things look pretty grim. I just finally invested in HD and to see the format that looked more consumer friendly suddenly look like it might die is shocking. Then I began to think what next. I'm not hardcore HD, don't really have much against Bluray, but I don't really want to invest another $300 in equipment. So I've come to this decision. I picked HD and will continue to buy movies and support that format as long as it is around. My next format will be some form of digital. I won't let (and couldn't afford anyway) Warner's decision make me buy more stuff I don't want or need.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:42 AM

yep my support will continue with hd dvd also, its a better format!!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 12:46 AM

I will still support HD DVD. (Forget) Warner Bros and Blu-ray

Last edited by AV_Integrated; 01-05-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:13 AM

i am going to support HD DVD as long as there are titles i want, but in a year or so, when WB starts rolling out some new movies in BluRay, i may have to cave. and if New Line follows suit and goes blu, i will get a Bluray player just so i can have LOTR's
Old 01-05-2008, 01:57 AM

I had been tossing up going purple for about a week now and only buying the best movies like Pirates but now I am holding out as this is the final Sony straw. HD DVD is the better format with Blu/Sony giving out empty promises and lies just to make a buck. We all know it as reviews have proved and the constant hardware wins for HD DVD and problems for Blu-ray. I am truly pissed that money was the deciding factor not quality and common sense.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:26 AM

My support for High Def media is officiallly over. I can swallow my pride now and say I truly think this is it for HD DVD. I will not be supporting Blu Ray in any way. I've never liked Blu Ray and I never will. I'm completly gutted about the announcement. To think what I invested in this is ridiculous. I'm not investing in an over priced Blu Ray player when HD DVD allready proved it can be done cheaper. I've been thinking for a while that HD will stay a niche market, now I truley beleive it will.
I feel totally embaressed to be an HD DVD supporter now. I'm going back to the old school !
Old 01-05-2008, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouyan View Post
I will still support HD DVD. Fuck Warner Bros and Blu-ray
QFT.

The BDA will never see a penny from my wallet.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:36 AM

I'll continue my support for HD DVD also, I'll not go Blu. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a new HD DVD player cheap now at least.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:49 AM

I am a HD DVD supporter, however with this announcement I expect a momentum now to build where studios start following Warner. It is just too tempting for them to decide the war in one go now in a mass wave. As much as I love the format, I can see a dual format player being purchased at the end of 2008 for me
Old 01-05-2008, 07:16 AM

Thats the best thing you can do. Vote with your money.