All I want is LOTR - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15
Default All I want is LOTR

I'm guessing Warner says New Line was not included in the announcement because New Line will announce their exclusivity at CES along with LOTR. If they could just give us a release as well (before May), I would be content with all this. And I would have enough content to tide me over until the next big thing. Well, I do anyway but I really want LOTR. They owe us.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-04-2008, 11:17 PM
rded's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 484
Default

warner took the red pill and shoved it up paramout and universal's ass!
At this point hd dvd will not get LOTRs! Bew line will have to be crazy to release it on HD dvd! Remember that no region thing that HD has? Well that's why there's no rush hour 3 for HD! This is LOTRs were talking about! Its their crown jewel! HD DVD aint getting it!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2008, 11:58 PM
mdale13's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 118
Default

i wouldnt say they would have to be crazy. they may not depending on how the format war is going by then, but they will still sell many many HD DVD copies if they released it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:01 AM
chowdachad's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rded View Post
warner took the red pill and shoved it up paramout and universal's ass!
At this point hd dvd will not get LOTRs! Bew line will have to be crazy to release it on HD dvd! Remember that no region thing that HD has? Well that's why there's no rush hour 3 for HD! This is LOTRs were talking about! Its their crown jewel! HD DVD aint getting it!
thats only on movies still in theatres over seas, unless LOTR is just going into theatres over there it would come out if they were neutral still day and date with blu-ray
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:04 AM
rded's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
thats only on movies still in theatres over seas, unless LOTR is just going into theatres over there it would come out if they were neutral still day and date with blu-ray
I highly doubt New Line will remain neutral by then!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Marky_D_Sahdd's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rded View Post
warner took the red pill and shoved it up paramout and universal's ass!
At this point hd dvd will not get LOTRs! Bew line will have to be crazy to release it on HD dvd! Remember that no region thing that HD has? Well that's why there's no rush hour 3 for HD! This is LOTRs were talking about! Its their crown jewel! HD DVD aint getting it!
Are you nuts?
No region coding didn't stop New Line from releasing Pan's Labrynth in HD DVD. That item only serves for new releases that are still in theaters in Europe.
God the lack of IQ that keeps showing up here from Blu-ray.com makes me fear the future.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:09 AM
rded's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky_D_Sahdd View Post
Are you nuts?
No region coding didn't stop New Line from releasing Pan's Labrynth in HD DVD. That item only serves for new releases that are still in theaters in Europe.
God the lack of IQ that keeps showing up here from Blu-ray.com makes me fear the future.


THATS WHY NEW LINE ONLY HAS ONE RELEASE ON HD SO FAR
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy View Post
I'm guessing Warner says New Line was not included in the announcement because New Line will announce their exclusivity at CES along with LOTR. If they could just give us a release as well (before May), I would be content with all this. And I would have enough content to tide me over until the next big thing. Well, I do anyway but I really want LOTR. They owe us.
Not gonna happen.

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=33854
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:36 AM
rded's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 484
Default

LOTR not going to HD as per the linkstating new line is now blu

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1009&cs=1
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Blinx123's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,787
Default

Trust me. They'll come back. That's for sure.

Just think of it.

Why should Warner release titles on HD-DVD till June 2008 if they were so sure about Blu-Ray beeing the "best medium in the world" like so many Blu-Guys and boneless snails (also known as Ex-HD-DVD fans who shifted 20 minutes after the Warner news.) stated already?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will All the People Who Are Waiting For LOTR Extended Still Not Buy LOTR at $24? Arkadin High Definition Smackdown 31 11-27-2010 09:03 PM
All Three LOTR's on Amazon for only $23.97 combined HamsterDance Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 3 11-23-2010 05:55 PM
Want LotR Blu Rays. Have: God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and more Charlie Video Game Exchange 3 05-25-2010 01:53 PM
WB canceling all LOTR preorders!!!! nsafellow Ultra-HD/Blu-ray Bargains 37 12-28-2009 01:46 PM
One Blu-ray to rule them all -LOTR Blu-ray News NoUseMercenary Blu-ray Software General Discussion 7 05-28-2008 12:50 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off