All I want is LOTR - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-04-2008, 11:13 PM

Default All I want is LOTR

I'm guessing Warner says New Line was not included in the announcement because New Line will announce their exclusivity at CES along with LOTR. If they could just give us a release as well (before May), I would be content with all this. And I would have enough content to tide me over until the next big thing. Well, I do anyway but I really want LOTR. They owe us.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:17 PM

warner took the red pill and shoved it up paramout and universal's ass!
At this point hd dvd will not get LOTRs! Bew line will have to be crazy to release it on HD dvd! Remember that no region thing that HD has? Well that's why there's no rush hour 3 for HD! This is LOTRs were talking about! Its their crown jewel! HD DVD aint getting it!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:58 PM

i wouldnt say they would have to be crazy. they may not depending on how the format war is going by then, but they will still sell many many HD DVD copies if they released it.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rded View Post
At this point hd dvd will not get LOTRs! Bew line will have to be crazy to release it on HD dvd! Remember that no region thing that HD has? Well that's why there's no rush hour 3 for HD! This is LOTRs were talking about! Its their crown jewel! HD DVD aint getting it!
thats only on movies still in theatres over seas, unless LOTR is just going into theatres over there it would come out if they were neutral still day and date with blu-ray
Old 01-05-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
thats only on movies still in theatres over seas, unless LOTR is just going into theatres over there it would come out if they were neutral still day and date with blu-ray
I highly doubt New Line will remain neutral by then!
Old 01-05-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rded View Post
Are you nuts?
No region coding didn't stop New Line from releasing Pan's Labrynth in HD DVD. That item only serves for new releases that are still in theaters in Europe.
God the lack of IQ that keeps showing up here from Blu-ray.com makes me fear the future.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky_D_Sahdd View Post
Are you nuts?
No region coding didn't stop New Line from releasing Pan's Labrynth in HD DVD. That item only serves for new releases that are still in theaters in Europe.
God the lack of IQ that keeps showing up here from Blu-ray.com makes me fear the future.

THATS WHY NEW LINE ONLY HAS ONE RELEASE ON HD SO FAR
Old 01-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy View Post
I'm guessing Warner says New Line was not included in the announcement because New Line will announce their exclusivity at CES along with LOTR. If they could just give us a release as well (before May), I would be content with all this. And I would have enough content to tide me over until the next big thing. Well, I do anyway but I really want LOTR. They owe us.
Not gonna happen.

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=33854
Old 01-05-2008, 12:36 AM

LOTR not going to HD as per the linkstating new line is now blu

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1009&cs=1
Old 01-05-2008, 02:17 AM

Trust me. They'll come back. That's for sure.

Just think of it.

Why should Warner release titles on HD-DVD till June 2008 if they were so sure about Blu-Ray beeing the "best medium in the world" like so many Blu-Guys and boneless snails (also known as Ex-HD-DVD fans who shifted 20 minutes after the Warner news.) stated already?