Ok Sony has forced me to go Blu but they can't make me buy their movies. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-04-2008, 07:19 PM

Default Ok Sony has forced me to go Blu but they can't make me buy their movies.

Ok Sony has forced me to go Blu but they can't make me buy their movies. I for one am truly pissed about this situation but I don't blame Warner as they let the two sides decide by offering the most money and they kept their word, unlike Sony when they started this stupid war.
For the record I truly hate Sony and their business practices but I love movies and HD slightly more. So I am making a few rules with my buying Blu-Ray disks.

1. No Sony products (players or movies/shows).
2. Only 50GB disks, no 25GB as quality counts.
3. Only VC-1 encoded movies and shows.

I also live in Aus and the prices here of both HD media are criminal so I will be importing everything as bloody BD is region coded.

If Sony is going to buy consumers at the cost of their business ethics then they won't be getting any support from me.

Please if you are a HD DVD supporter then either avoid BD altogether or don't give Sony the satisfaction of owning your money.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Watcher of stances

mind moving this to smackdown so it can be contested for accuracy?
Old 01-04-2008, 07:25 PM

OMG the laughs keep coming in LOLOLOL. You people are tards, are you movie fans or format fans?
Old 01-04-2008, 07:27 PM

I must admit, the amount of people saying they will go back to DVD has surprised me. For one, it's not completely over. Second, this is not purely Sony's format this time around. Yes they back it up the most, but let us remember that Panasonic really made the most of Blu Ray. Companies are nasty, but c'est la vie, and ultimately, I'd rather see Hi Def movies rather than none at all, even if the company you hate the most gets your money

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 01-04-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
mind moving this to smackdown so it can be contested for accuracy?
I would prefer not to as I don't want this to turn into a shouting match. I truly want to hear people's opinions about this and also what they will do and having BD supporters there will only cloud the topic.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Watcher of stances

and HD DVD owners won't cloud the topic?
is there more room on the pedestal you're standing on?

it's one thing to 'hate' and boycott a company.
stating opinions as facts and rallying support under that pretense is something altogether different.

sorry, i'll stay out of the conversation as a neutral view is surely not welcome.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:54 PM

Let's all remember how petulant BD fanboys were after the Paramount thing and not do the same. The war is over now, Warner have made the decision and the end has come.

Let's just accept it and move on everyone.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:37 PM

I like Movies also HATE Sony, I for 1 will probably buy an old used 20G ps3 at some point because its the cheapest BD player but I will NOT buy a single Sony Pictures disc.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:42 PM

Sony made a throne for themselves with the PS2, and along the way - made them feel invincible. What does the consumer get? A $500-$600 console out the gate. Then, there are the people who will still swear by them, asking for more. These people are ruining it for everyone who wants affordable products.