Warner Should Be ashamed - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-04-2008, 06:57 PM

Default Warner Should Be ashamed

I'm a little choked about there annoucement, but this is about making the annoucement after and not before the christmas season. Allowing comsumers to freely chalk up sales in a product they knew they were going to dump. I think thats pretty shoddy buisness work there, and i will not be supporting warner brothers anymore, on blu-ray or hd dvd.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
i will not be supporting warner brothers anymore, on blu-ray or hd dvd.
People say that about companies all the time. It never amounts to anything.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 PM

Ohh the bitter tears that are flowing about
Old 01-04-2008, 07:10 PM

dude seriously take a second and breathe!

WHilst I'm gutted, i just want the films. I love HD DVD, but i do own a blu ray player too. Why should a company be ashamed of makin a positive decision for their own business???

What should have happened is that a unified HDM should jhave been released and not 2.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
I'm a little choked about there annoucement, but this is about making the annoucement after and not before the christmas season. Allowing comsumers to freely chalk up sales in a product they knew they were going to dump. I think thats pretty shoddy buisness work there, and i will not be supporting warner brothers anymore, on blu-ray or hd dvd.
I just thought about that today as well. In fact I was just noticing how many Warner HD DVD's I received/ purchased for Christmas (gift cards, gifts) before I left for work, not yet hearing about Warner's move. Not sure if I wouldn't have asked for titles that are from Warners...they'll still work on my A3. Considering the number of HDM titles that get sold vs. regular DVD's, I'm sure it wouldn't have made much of a difference when the annoucement was made- it's just pissing off a relatively small number of consumers, when there's 200-300 million potential untapped consumers out there. Oh well.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:02 PM

I already stated this once, but yes Warner took the lazy way out of this war. Now they don't have to expend any resources on developing good special features and downloadable content for their HDM anymore. Now their movies will be like normal DVDs again, with a few featurettes included.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:26 PM

Considering this deal was probably wrapped up weeks ago I can fully understand people being pissed with WB if they bought the HP movies and Blade Runner when WB new before they were released they were dropping the format.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimboli View Post
Considering this deal was probably wrapped up weeks ago I can fully understand people being pissed with WB if they bought the HP movies and Blade Runner when WB new before they were released they were dropping the format.
The thing is, though, that no matter when you make the announcement, there will be titles that have just been released the week before.

You could say that doing this so soon after Christmas is rotten because some people might have received or given gifts based on the precept that Warner would be releasing titles on HD DVD, but I think most stores have extended return policies for Christmas, so at least that's something.

When the Paramount announcement was made, I think I had owned my Blu-ray player for 33 days, and had already sent in the rebate. I don't think I would have purchased it with the Paramount information in hand, and I was just days past the return period.