Who feels hurt? Betrayed? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-04-2008, 06:11 PM

Default Who feels hurt? Betrayed?

I cant help but feel hurt that HD DVD is now a dead fish in the water (or soon to be). Give it till the end of this year at the latest. I dont know what to do now, go Blu-ray? Then would mean I would have to buy a PS3 Well, looks like I will no longer buy anymore HD DVD movies and sell off my entire collection within the next few months before it becomes completely worthless.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:14 PM

I hope this is a joke thread
Old 01-04-2008, 06:19 PM

at least you guys got a warnning until may, when we lost Paramount they actually cancelled all upcoming blu-rays more or less forcing most people to go neutral

besides you still have Universal and Paramount plus its not like your HD DVDs are going to stop working so you might as well keep themuntil its clear that HD DVD is doomed i.e. when Universal leaves
Old 01-04-2008, 06:21 PM

Do all HD DVD movies stop working once the format is dead?

how does your collection become worthless, the worth is in the content on the movies which will still be there
Old 01-04-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall4008 View Post
its not like your HD DVDs are going to stop working so you might as well keep themuntil its clear that HD DVD is doomed i.e. when Universal leaves
Well I know but why would anyone continue to invest into a format if they know its dying? Support for it will diminish as the days go on, theres no benefit to the customer. Im just very heartbroken over it

I would say HD DVD is pretty much doomed, warner bros takes up about 40% of the movie industry.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:27 PM

I'm so pissed!!! I can see everybody getting nervous and deserting hddvd.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:30 PM

Unfortunately I think this ends the chances of a BD studio going neutral. Warner's decision is really going to kill HD DVD's chances of advancing. To dump all you have collected on HD DVD is silly. The players and movies do not have an expiration date on them. I'm curious to see what Par and mostly Uni are going to do. Universal may have to finally give in and go neutral this year. I'm thinking Universal will cease catalog titles and just focus on day/date releases for now.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBrownsugar View Post
Well I know but why would anyone continue to invest into a format if they know its dying? Support for it will diminish as the days go on, theres no benefit to the customer. Im just very heartbroken over it

I would say HD DVD is pretty much doomed, warner bros takes up about 40% of the movie industry.
i would still say wait for Universal to do something because they are still the HD king with the most releases and i know i'm not going to skip American Gangster even if it is on a dying format
Old 01-04-2008, 06:35 PM

i think paramount will throw in the towell and universal will follow, i think its gay, but time to conform
Old 01-04-2008, 06:35 PM

It doesn't make sense to me...

Toshiba knows how vital Warner is to HD DVD and to let them walk away and potentially kill the format over $70 million difference from the SOny offering? They gotta have something else worked out..