Heroes: Season 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-04-2008, 12:57 PM

Default Heroes: Season 2

Hey all, I am just about finished with Season 1 of Heroes and I am really enjoying it. It's right up there with Lost.

But on to my question. I cant find a street date anywhere for season 2 on DVD or HD-DVD. Can anyone tell me how long ago Season 2 ended on NBC? Would anyone be able to to make an educated quess as to when it may be coming out?

I refuse to watch it on NBC.com or Netflix. I need to watch it on my Pioneer Elite. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:59 PM

I am the same as you , i watched season 1 for the first time in HD DVD in about 5 days !

i refuse to go week by week so I'm patiently awaiting an announcement for season 2 on HD

I'm just guessing here, but i wouldn't expect personally to get it before next fall
Old 01-04-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisciplineSpeced View Post
Hey all, I am just about finished with Season 1 of Heroes and I am really enjoying it. It's right up there with Lost.

But on to my question. I cant find a street date anywhere for season 2 on DVD or HD-DVD. Can anyone tell me how long ago Season 2 ended on NBC? Would anyone be able to to make an educated quess as to when it may be coming out?

I refuse to watch it on NBC.com or Netflix. I need to watch it on my Pioneer Elite. Thanks for the input.
I has not long been ended and season 2 was a dissapointment from start to finish.

I think the writers strike may have ended the series early cause it is only 11 episodes or so and the ending seemed premature.

My prediction would be spring .
Old 01-04-2008, 01:00 PM

Season 2 ended in early December. However, that wasn't supposed to be the end. It was supposed to be the end of a story arc, but was cut short because of the Writer's Strike. Therefore, they may release the story arc on DVD, or wait until they finish another which could be who knows when.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 01-04-2008, 01:01 PM

Volume 2 was always planned as 11 eps but it's true it only picked up during the last two weeks... but you'll be happy to know.. Veronica Mars found a home!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:06 PM

Apparently the writers apologised for the less than well received season 2 and said the second part of season 2 will back back upto the calibre of the frst season, (after the writers strike is concluded)
Old 01-04-2008, 01:08 PM

after watching the heroes season 1 hd dvd, i was really disappointed by season 2. i stopped watching it
Old 01-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satans Puppet View Post
Volume 2 was always planned as 11 eps but it's true it only picked up during the last two weeks... but you'll be happy to know.. Veronica Mars found a home!!!
NO it wasn't. Volume 2 WAS prematurely ended by the Writer's Strike.

To OP,
As others have said, Season 2 was a HUGE disappointment. Just as it started to finally get good it had a premature ending which really sucked as a season finale. Only way I'll own a copy of Season 2 is if they give it away for free.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:25 PM

Yes, Season 2 was ended early from the writers strike and the storyline has been changed forever because of the strike.

Don't expect Season 2 to be released on disc until about a month before Season 3 starts, so try back in September 2008 or so.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:34 PM

first half of season 2 was slow but interesting then like the last 4 or five episodes were great, very entertaining. Peter is just a bad ass