Planet Earth Hd dvd problems - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-03-2008, 08:19 PM

Default Planet Earth Hd dvd problems

Hello everyone,

I've been browsing the boards and thought it was time to join. I just purchased the Toshiba A3 and so far I'm loving it. Except....I'm having a problem with a disc and I'm wonder if anyone has had the same problem or maybe a fix for me. The problem is disc 3 of Planet Earth, it won't play. It keeps freezing at the " 2/Entertain" screen. My brother has plant Earth also, so I tried his copy and it worked!! So, I told my brother to take my copy home with him and try it ( he has the A-30). It worked!! Should I take my copy back? I'm not gonna trade disc's with my brother incase he starts to have the same problem.

On a side note. I was also having problems with Matrix Reloaded ( Complete Matrix Edition) but now it plays. I would get that error code everytime until yesterday. It decided to work.

I think I rambled too much but thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:25 PM

well the first question you'll get here is whether or not you've updated your firmware. this thread has all the info you need to do that.

If there's still a problem after you do that then I would recommend simply exchanging it from the retailer you got it from.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:38 PM

I don't know much about all this technical jargon and such, and I'm most definitely not the most intelligent when it comes to these kinds of things, but I have to say that it sounds like more of a problem with your player, than with your copy of Planet Earth.

You said The Matrix freezes as well, so that has to be your player, and not the individual discs, unless of course we were living in some magical unicorn-ridden world where you had the ridiculous misfortune to pick two completely faulty discs at the same time. ...but the chances of that are next to none, so I wouldn't worry about that side of the garden.

Like I said, if I had to diagnose it or something, I would say it is solely your player. Bring it back to the store you got it at, and try to make an exchange with them for the same model. It is probably just faulty, no big deal.

I don't think this helped much, but good luck
Old 01-04-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportguy View Post
well the first question you'll get here is whether or not you've updated your firmware. If there's still a problem after you do that then I would recommend simply exchanging it from the retailer you got it from.
I'm all up to date with the firmware. For the A3 its the 1.3 firmware. I just don't understand why my brothers copy works but mine won't. It doesn't make sense to me. Every other ( except Reloaded which works now) Hd dvd works perfectly fine. 300, Batman Begins, Constantine, Army of Darkness, Transformers, Blue Planet, Planet Earth discs 1,2 and 4.

Also, when you say return it to the retailer are you talking the Dvd or the hd player?

Thanks